1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion on H1B/H4 Stamping in Other Countries!!

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by bharthi, Jan 21, 2007.

1. bharthi

bharthi Junior IL'ite

Did anyone (or your spouse) get your H1B/H4 stamped in Canada? Can you please share your experiences here? The more descriptive you are, the more it will help everyone else. Thanks.

Bharthi

2. srilak

srilak Senior IL'ite

hi

HI,

MY brother-in-law(BIL) went to canada for h1b stamping in 2005 febravary. I think he didn't face any problems there. He got canadian stamping in Newjersy consulate. They gave visa within one day I think. Then,after getting canadian visa he went to canada around end of FEB.

However, one of his friend,who went with him,stucked there. Because,his friend's name matches with some other guys name, who has some criminal record. So they took time to evaluate his case and later, I think they took one week,they stamped his visa.

This is not my personal experience and what I heard from my BIL i wrote here.

Regards,
    srilak.

3. slp807

slp807 Bronze IL'ite

hi everyone,
    juss got to c this thread now,so want to share my experience
    I n my husband went to Ottawa, canada for H1/H4 visa stamping (in october 2006)
    we went to canadian embassy in NY for the canada visa, juss v can walkin, no need of appointments ,we need to show them H1 copy, visa apptment letter, paystub.they will issue u the visa the same day.

and in the US embassy in ottawa, if u have proper documents, there r not gng to ask u any questions and will go thru the docs and issue u visa.
    on the day we went everyone who attended was issued a visa.
    u can collect the passports the next day around 3pm.

i wish all the best for the people who r gng to canada for their stamping.
    if anyone has any queries feel free to ask.

--Sreelatha

4. spv

spv New IL'ite

Hi,

We got our visa stamped in Vancouver, Canada.

First I got an appointment at the US consulate using this website

VARS - Welcome

Then we went to get our visitors visa to Canada in Seattle. There is no appointment required for this. We went there in the morning and they asked us why we were planning to go to Canada . We gave the reason. They asked us to come back in the afternoon and we got our visitors visa

For the H1/H4 visa stamping.. We went to the Us consulate 1 hr before our appointment. There was no problem at all. Make sure to carry your files only. Do not take cell phones, hand bags, etc. They will only allow files inside the consulate. If you have any envelopes they should be open.

The officer did not ask any questions. He asked to us to show our paystubs, employment letter and asked us to come back next day. Next day we went and picked our passports. There was no problem for us. But we did see another person was asked many questions and sent back to get additional documents which he did not have.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

These visas and stamping etc is extremely complicated matters. I wonder why the US makes it so difficult to understand. I have an urgent query and shall be very thankful for all the replies.

This person is working on H1b visa and has recently changed job. When he got the previous job, he got his H1B visa and travelled to his country of origin to stamp it into his passport and it is valid till Septemper 2007. Now he changed his job and has another H1b visa and I 94 which is valid till 2009. Now, can he go to Canada to get it stamped in his passport? Will he not have any difficulty to return to US? How does he make an appointment for this purpose in Canada in an US consulate?

Please, anyone who has done that recently, let me know as one does not want to take any unnecessary risk.

Thanks you.

L, Kamla

6. eagle

eagle Bronze IL'ite

Visiting Canada , need info regarding lodging

Hello Friends,

People living in Toronto, Canada can help me out here. We are planning to go to Toronto for stamping sometime in Aug. We will be there for 5-6 days . We were considering staying as paying guests there . If you know anyone or any information as how to go abt , pls let me know. Thanks in advance

Regards
    Shobana

7. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

8. eagle

eagle Bronze IL'ite

Re: Visiting Canada , need info regarding lodging

Cheer,

Thank you for the info.

9. gauridatta

gauridatta New IL'ite

Re: Visiting Canada , need info regarding lodging

Hello cheer,
    Its nice to see many canadians here. I am currently residing hin doha, qatar. We are migrating to canada at the end of this year. Can u tell me something about the job prospects in canada. my profesional details are:
    1. Mechanical engineer by profession, working for a fire protection company in Doha, Qatar
    2. Can we practice engineering profession in canada without a licence

Regards

Gauri datta :2thumbsup:

10. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

Can we book the H1 & H4 Stamping Appt from US

/hi all

V r planning to get H1 & H4 stamping inIndia but can v book the appointment from US?????

What are the forms that we need to fill?

DSrini