1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Discussing birth control with to be Husband

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sweetria, Mar 7, 2014.

1. sweetria

sweetria New IL'ite

Hi
    I am getting married next month and my fiance and I have decided not to have kids for some years. Now I was thinking of going on the pill but dont know how to approach him to discuss this. We have become very close and share everything. Do you think he would be interested in this?

2. indoc

indoc Gold IL'ite

Approach this as if its just another topic.. don't be shy or embarrassed.. just tell him what your plans are and discuss.. all the best

3. Sonali222

Sonali222 Gold IL'ite

as he was a planned guy he will tell you if u want to take the initial you can easily discuss as your relationship started

4. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Next time you guys are talking about touring the world or doing such couple-y things by yourselves, bring it up. :)

BTW, be aware that guys could have strong opinions on this topic. My DH was vehemently against the pill even though I didn't mind it...

1 person likes this.
  5. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

becareful with pils.They can disrupts hormone cycle.

2 people like this.
  6. HasteRaho

HasteRaho Platinum IL'ite

You can and should discuss family planning with your DH but I've found that men just don't really seem to understand birth control, why women need it and don't know how to talk about it or support you (if & when you need it).

Personally, I think women should take firm control over this aspect of their lives if they don't plan to have kids and not risk it or depend on others. I've tried and tested several birth controls (including injection, nuvaring and pills) since getting married but none of them worked well for me. By far, I must say I love Mirena which is an insert that will cover you for 5 years with just annual check ups to make sure everything is okay. But make sure to find a good OBGYN and have a check up to figure out what's right for you beforehand. For Mirena or any other insert, it is the best option provided your OBGYN is good at placing it as this affects your insert's efficacy and outcome.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  7. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

My 5yr old DD is a result of this type of birth control method :D

8. SreeSri

SreeSri Gold IL'ite

I am sure her name is Lunarani :) OR Lupika Rani :)

9. smileAlways

smileAlways Gold IL'ite

I second tulipzzz. That type of birth control may not work. So many people had kids on that birth comtrol. You can just ask your fiance, that as you both decided to not to have children for a couple of years, what is his plan? And just ask if he wants to you to take care of yourself. That will open the topic.. personally I don't think pills are not good for ladies as it's based in hormones

10. honeycomb

honeycomb New IL'ite

You could go see a doctor with your fiancé to discuss different birth control options available.