Discuss woodwork and modular kitchen

Discussion in 'Housing' started by Shanvy, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi,

I am planning to complete the woodwork of my flat. could any body suggest a good carpenter/firm they used for the same.

love
    shanthi

Last edited: Feb 20, 2011

2. vbrintha

vbrintha New IL'ite

Discuss :- Modular Kitchens

Hi,

I am in USA and we are building a flat in Chennai. My brother-in-law is taking care of the communication between us and the builders and he is in chennai.

We are currently working out things on the Modular Kitchen and in the process of selecting kitchen Cabinet. The big confusion is that how to select a color for our cabinets. Do you know if there is any good site where we can select a kitchen cabinet and inform our brother inlaw so that he can select the same color and give it to our carpenters. There are so many US Sites where we can select the cabinet color, but it is really hard to find a Indian Site with more details about a Modular Kitchen Products.

Our worry is that if we tell a color to my brother-in-law, he might select a different color and the kitchen may not be completed properly as we imagine. If anyone has a better way to letting me know how to select a kitchen cabinet color from here, it would be very helpful for me.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2009
  3. njoylife

njoylife New IL'ite

Re: Modular Kitchen Cabinet

Hi vbrintha,
    Not sure what type of modular kitchen you are looking for. There are so many in the market now - MDF laminate, rubber wood, marine ply laminates - all of these with numerous finishes, and there are also imported pieces where the kitchen units come prefabricated, mostly from Italy.
    We are also in the market in chennai to choose our kitchen. There are a few consultants who will do the entire kitchen design in 3d with the color options, accessories etc, in which case you can choose and redesign from the US itself. eg: Venita Cucine, Bohra kitchens (franchisee for Aran kitchen) etc.
    If you are going with consultants who do not the design online services, you can may be choose the MDF types from say Greenply website (greenply : E-Catalogue) or may be use one of the color palettes of the paint companies like Asian or Berger, which you can look up online, and use that color card to choose the shade in India...
    Anyways, will let you know if I come across something better. All the best with your kitchen decor.
    Regards,
    Nisha

4. Bullu

Bullu Senior IL'ite

check this out.

CooksCape

There are various outlets in chennai ( anna nagar, velachery etc).

5. dbirlase

dbirlase New IL'ite

best is to buy a kitchen from IKEA and send it over to india. I am sure the transport charges will be quite min.

6. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Hi Dear,

Selecting colors on the net and seeing it in person does make a difference. If you like a color then get a sample piece and send it to India so they can get something that is the closest to it.

Roopa.

7. Jenz

Jenz Bronze IL'ite

Hi

Another option is to check out a few sites and see which has the colour that matches your expectation.

Forward that link to your BIL and ask him to get the same one.

Cheers
    Jenz

8. vbrintha

vbrintha New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Thanks for your input. We finally asked my Brother to post all the color foils to me and seleced a color. Hope my kitchen comes well.

9. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Hi,

We just constructed two houses(for us and my BIL). Both have modular kitchens and has come out really well. We opted the concern called "COOKSCAPE", they extremely nice quality particularly the finish was too godd. Plz check that company's website or call them for more details. Bit expensive than the rest modular kitchen constructors still worth the cost. Similar to the one we see abroad.

Check this link :

CooksCape

Will try to post the photos of the kitchen.

10. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

The following are the snaps taken in our kitchen. As we had no lights or bulbs in the kitchen it looks dull in the photo otherwise looks pretty bright.

Attached Files:

rachaputi and kalpanareddy like this.