Discuss area and projeccts -porur, mugalivakkam and surroundings

Discussion in 'Housing' started by elza, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Riyaa

Riyaa New IL'ite

Opinion on Porur

Hi friends,
    Is it advisable to buy a residential property in Porur, say, in and around Girugambakkam in particular. Does water badly get stagnated in Porur during rainy season? Are there any other problems in Porur area? The upcoming International airport, could there be any possiblity of it disturbing any Porur residential point in future? If anyone has any idea, opinion or suggestion about these please share it, as we are looking to buy a house in that area.
    Thanks in advance,
    Riyaa.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Re: Opinion on Porur

Gerugambakkam is nearer kundrathur-porur junction and thanks to the dlf it park and the hospitals in the vicinity and also other amenities is an very upcoming area.

like all in the porur localities, there is water stagnation. regarding the new airport acquisition, i think, the areas have already been finalised and you can get a copy of the details from the local registrar office.

the pros for the area are the schools like pssbb millennium and stfrancis icse school.

what is the rate being quoted.

3. Riyaa

Riyaa New IL'ite

Thankyou Shanthi for the info. The builder is quoting around 40 lacs for the independent villa,Rs.2550, per sq.feet. The project has 300 row houses, (independent and semi independent villas). We think the price quoted is comparitively lesser than the current market price, so we want to make sure the property is flawless.
    Riyaa.

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

who is the builder??

5. eliza11

eliza11 New IL'ite

I like to buy a flat near porur area

Hi

I am Eliza. I am planning to buy a flat in or around porur. Can anybody tell me the rates per squarefeet in tht area? If anyone knows abt any flats to sell n tht area plz inform me.

Eliza.

6. deraj

deraj Platinum IL'ite

Re: I like to buy a flat near porur area

Hi Ezhila

Is mugalivakkam fine with you. We got a flat last month & the builders are constructing few more flats. They are not very renowned builders. But their quality of work is extremely good.

If you want, do let me know. Will give the details.

7. Riyaa

Riyaa New IL'ite

Thankyou very much Shanthi for the reply. What you are saying is 100% correct. We till now have a lot of doubts and questions about the project and the builder. We'll investigate thoroughly before making a decision.
    Regards,
    Riyaa.

8. vijikrish

vijikrish Gold IL'ite

Good advise Shanvy.
    Recently my relative brought to our attention about flat in Royapettaha, which was very less price compared to market (almost 40% less)...after thorough research we found, land belonged to Tirupathi devasthanam or some kind of linen for devasthanam and hence flat was less priced...we stayed away from those confusion. Beware of situation before you invest your life savings.

9. eliza11

eliza11 New IL'ite

Hi Deepa,

Thanks for the reply.

Mugalivakkam is also fine. If possible pls tell me the details.

regards,
    Eliza.

10. ramvino

ramvino Platinum IL'ite

hi e,iza,
    in mugalivakkam the water stagnation problem is thier, so please look another areas except this...........this is my advice.

1 person likes this.