Discuss and share info about eatouts in and around your area

Discussion in 'Shopping & Restaurants' started by Jananikrithsan, Oct 6, 2007.

1. ramyanand

ramyanand Gold IL'ite

My oh my!!!!!!!ladies---u'r posts kept me drooooling...Iam a chennaite and have lived in tambaram and ashok nagr..I like the vasant bavan,noodle king in tambaram..In ashok nagar..ketkave vendamm...We wrere infact surrounded by hotels,fastfoodjoints,chips stalll...I like saravana bavan,hotchips(both chips and tiffin and meals centre)mcrennet in ashok nagar(for yummy cakes,donuts)
    Venkateswara bholi stall in westmambalam(for bolis,bondas and bajjis)..

My husband is a fan of kumbakonam degree coffee..

i miss alllll the yummy,mouthwatering,tempting outside food...

Cheers
    Ramya

2. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

The Adayar Ananda Bhavan near the Mylapore Railway station is good for chaats and sandwiches. Though it is always crowded and takes sometime it is worth trying.
    A new sweet shop has come up on Cenotaph road Makkan Chor, yet to try it out, another new joint Is Rameshwars near the royapettah flyover, yet to be inaugurated.

Read about Maple choc lounge in Nungambakkam which has a variety of chocolates in all flavours, so my itenary is full.Will post once I get a feel of these joints.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2007
  3. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hai frends

I went to Adyar Ananda Bavan Restaurant in tambaram , a week back..........OMG...........its croweded like anything like fish market, we can say.............

They have self service in the ground floor (that day special menus was pidi kozhukatai sweet paniyaram kara paniyaram etc..all yummy and delcious aitems)........:cry::cry: but my hubby took me to Firstfloor........crowded with people even in that floor........no place even to stand........5 of us went and i find one table with 3 chairs and i myself pick up two chairs from here and there and formed a table......for us.............:2thumbsup::yes::exactly: no other go, if u want hotelwala to arrange seats for u, it wont happen...........

And, he said he dont have sufficient menu cards and even if iam given the card, he dont have all the dishes and have only very few.(i or two item dhan erundhudhu) items
    . i consoled myself.........oka erukaradhai vrechhu oru pidi pdikalamnu decide panniten..

He said they have only combo meals for 50rs which have:

two butter nan
    little veg pulav(minimum 6 spoons)
    litttle veg brinji
    sweet
    raitha (onion)
    veg salad
    dhal
    panner gobi manchurian
    kuruma

veRY VERY SUFFICIENT.........no need of having anything else.........ur stomach will be fullll.........no doubt.....

Main matter is THEY TASTE YUMMY AND VERY DELCIOUS........I SWEAR

I hope he wont give this much item for 50rs..........(pudhusu adhan kuduthutan.......)

Tambaram friends go and ENJOY THE FEAST.........DONT MISS IT

And, i have already mentioned about their RAJAPALAYAM KARALULAMBU AND MIXED VEG KULAMBU ETC............They are very very veery tasty..........yummy.......spicy.............if u dont try it, definelty........ ur the loser

Varuvomla...........

latamurali

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

yennappa,

Diwali batshanam ellam jeeranam ayiduthu polla.....hotel round arambitchutinga.......

veda...i hope is not reading this thread....

lata and janani enjoy.......

5. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hey shanthi

I went b4 diwali yaar.........i took my inlaws...........and i ddint make any diwali bakshanams....ofcourse all my friends gave me...........and i also had nicely
    jus velaiku 5 gulab jamun , and jus cashewnut cake 3 times a day after meals and apao appa konjam mixture, ribbon pakoda.thatsa lll...........nothing more than that........:yes::oops::mrgreen::tongue:lol::exactly:

But periyorgaley thaimargaley en friendsgaley...........i went to gym and did severe exercise ..........i didnt put any extra kilos in this period...............I SWEAR......

Bcos gym la weight machine repair............hahaha.........

Adhu ennavo shanthi adhai sapitaalum udaney jeernama aydarathu..ahdu enaamo theiryala ennama mayamo puriyala............

latamurali

6. gsaikripa

gsaikripa Gold IL'ite

Matunga-Mumbai
    Mani's Lunch home is a popular one &they served cheap & best quality of food & tiffin.
    City Mumbai
    Vittal Bhel wala shop & they give sufficient quantity.
    In My Area:
    vile parle( East)

Shiv sagar udipi hotel at Nehru road.all tiffin item North& especially south indian is available & good Quality

Ramakrishna Hotel near Railway station.

Sagar Hotel Near Goldongri Place

Monginis cake shop in Vile Parle Branch.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2007
  7. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Hey Lata,
    Have you tried snacks and chat at Shri Gupta Bhavan - camp rd junct? I tried it this saturday.It was too good yaar.

8. gsaikripa

gsaikripa Gold IL'ite

9. Honeytha

Honeytha Senior IL'ite

Hai to all,

A new branch of Shri Krishna Sweets has been started in Ullagaram on 16th of this month i.e last sunday, where they advt as usual - for 1 kg sweet u will get 1/2 kg karam FREE..............

their usual way of marketing........

and the shop was full of people on that day...........

nearest shop for the people around Ullagaram, puzuthivakkam, nanganallur, madipakkam etc........

Enjoy ladies!!!!!!!!!

10. Meenaneelakantan

Meenaneelakantan Bronze IL'ite

Dear Lata Ma'am

Seems you are rocking! Got to saw this thread only today, else i would ve mentioned all the places you ve mentioned. By the way, where do you stay in tambaram? pm me..my college is at tambaram only..we will meet up sometime..and are you coming for the chennai'tes meet up in Pushpavalli mam's house this saturday?
    Where is that Adyar Anandha Bhavan located exactly at Tambaram? Pls do tell me where dat bajji wala's shop is.. Am tired trying all those palimars, bhats, vasantha bhavan, gupta bhavan, noodle king, spm bakery etc., Have you tried veg.puffs in Penguin bakes opp to MCC?
    Nobody can beat Amirtham bakery's Pomegranate juice shake and there is a small juice shop near penguin bakes..U get tasty juices there..Butter fruit juice and Mus melon juice tastes good in Palimar(the one which is opp to MCC) and the FRUIT JUICE SHOP opp to Christ King school is awesome! One can get melting paneer pakkodas there.

Dear Honeytha ma'am

Can you say where exactly that Sri Krishna Sweets is located?
    I ve been waiting for such an opening.

Anyboby staying in and around Nanganallur area? As Suja ma'am has said Venkateshwara boli stall in Nanganallur market area is good. Srinivasa boli stall near St.Thomas Mount railway station provides cheap n tasty bolis(all varieties), samosa, bajji, bonda, vada etc.,

Is anybody here aware of Mother's kitchen at nanganallur? Its near Cakes Monarch..On saturday evenings buffet is available there jus for 55rs per head. U can get soup, veg.noodles, veg.briyani, sambar rice, curd rice, two to three north indian side dishes, onion raitha, pickle, naan for that 55rs you pay. And its all unlimited!