Discuss and share info about eatouts in and around your area

Discussion in 'Shopping & Restaurants' started by Jananikrithsan, Oct 6, 2007.

1. sujakalyan

sujakalyan Silver IL'ite

HI SHANTHI

i too heard that besant nagar beach has become hangout spot for weekends and lot of stalls and entertaining stuff has come. Pls provide further more info abt besant ngr beach. What stalls and amusements are there.

2. jayasree05

jayasree05 Senior IL'ite

hai
    i am jayasree, now i am staying in riyadh for the past four months, i belong to selaiyur in tambaram as lataji said, i was rememberibing all the places she had mentioned, i am missing them all now, here in riyadh there are very few indian restaurants, namely paragon, lovely, malas. here in saudi, a dish called sowramma is famous, i dont know whether the spelling is correct, it is a roti like dish which is rolled with some type of sauce and chicken and cucumber.
    bye
    jayasree,

3. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hai shanthi

All the outlets of Murugan Idly will be crowded only at all times,(even by 11pm) but u try to go to Ramanathan Street, T.Nagar (its next to GRT chit section)

latamurali

4. sujakalyan

sujakalyan Silver IL'ite

hi jayasree,

its shawarma:-D

5. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends
    Went thru the thread.It was simply delicious.Made me long for those delicious savouries and tiffin items back home.Back in R.A.PURAM,we have sangeetha on the main road known for its dosas and kumbakonam degree coffee.There is one more small eatery on the 2nd main road.It is neat and clean but quite expensive.There is Arun ice cream parlour in Corporation complex on3rd coss road.Then we have reliance joints known for their delicious ice creams .Down the road we have coffee world along with pizza corner.Then we have carnival.There is one more bakery in abriramapuram where they sell variety breads.Surya sweets selling sweets and savouries along with keerai vadai and samosas,vegetable poli.But my favourite joint will always be to Sarvana Bhavan Mada veethi where I hog down a delicious plate of masala dosai with hot filter coffee. .

6. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Here in Abudhabi there are couple of joints but nothing to beat the taste of our own Chennai hotels.We have Chappan Bhog down the road where serve chat items plus parottas ,chappatis and sweets and savouries.Their paneer and cauliflower parotta and kulfi was great.The channa batura at Sandesh is really great.So was their gulab jamuns.(all these were tasted along with my children as these foods are taboo for my husband)..Then there is the thali at Evergreen and chappati sabji at Anand.Sarada rest,tastes so,so.But I really miss Chennai.My I think I must make something and eat(which I dread).This thread has made me really hungry........

7. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Re: Discuss and shre info about eatouts in and around your area

i had been to rayar cafe may be a decade back. it's not a very restaurant-y type of place but if you don't mind the atmosphere.. i had the best adai, avial, vadai and hot hot janghiris. do you know the address? i've been frantically searching for this place to indulge again... that'll be a great help!

and this year I tried the thali at Mansuk (ramaswamy road, T.nagar)... bowled over! a must try:)

8. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends,

YUMMY news for all of you ( hope chennaities know this)

ADAYAR ANANDA BHAVAN - they open their branch in West Tambaram , near DEEPAM HOSPITAL

SPECIAL - LOW CALORIE MEALS AND LOW FAT MEALS

ENJOY..................

Last edited: Nov 15, 2007
  9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi latha,

now you dont need an excuse..did you visit..or yet to ...let me know..i will join you............

10. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

dear shanthi

:-:)-:)-( yet to visit and u are most welcome

shall v go tomorrow?????????

Iam ready yaar

latamurali