Discuss and share info about eatouts in and around your area

Discussion in 'Shopping & Restaurants' started by Jananikrithsan, Oct 6, 2007.

1. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Re: Discuss and shre info about eatouts in and around your area

Dear Lata,
    Thanks for your info about Daily Fresh and Gomathi Catering Service. Though I am a eat out buf, my husband is not. My kids too love and relish eating out (they love to escape from my cooking I beleive).

Could you pls tell me whether your Uncle home delivers? If yes do they do it on a phone call? If yes what is their number.

I am yet to taste the chat in the fresh juice shop.

Sorry to say this I am not happy with the ambience of the Vasanth Vihar. But Palimar is good. (the one below Naidu Hall I am talking about)

2. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi Suja,
    It was good, now a big NO NO. Bhats itself is so crowded and you just dont relish the food there.

3. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi Shanvy,

Kaliyakudi in Medawakkam Road, man that is an info to me. I know how much my neighbour talks about that hotel in Mayavaram and when we went there last week we too had a taste of it. It is a Veg hotel by the way.

But if you are talking about Karaikudi, I have no idea.

Just opp to Ragamalika flats in the Velachery road Reliance Fresh have been started new.

Ok let me share a few eatouts which I relish in Velachery. Though I have moved out of Velachery two years back, as I have to pass Velachey I just want to tell about a few.

On the Velachery busstand Gurunanak bye pass, Triplicane Ratna Cafe is started and it is famous for its Sambar Idly.

Then there is another mess, I am not so sure of the name of the road but it is in the end of the road where the Velachery branch of ICICI bank is located. It is a mess and all the items are too good. Their medu bakoda wow yummy.

4. sujakalyan

sujakalyan Silver IL'ite

hi all eat out freaks,

Im also a true member of yr gang

i heard that there is one kameswari mess near ayodhya mandapam
    they make homely food like aval upma, arisi upma, kichadi, puliyodarai etc

i want to know whether there is really a mess running by the above name or my friend is jus fooling around me

5. sujakalyan

sujakalyan Silver IL'ite

hi rajmi

as u mentioned may be bhats is very messy now
    i went long back, and the item pav baji was known to me only thro bhats-like first love i still relish the bhts pav baji taste

then if u guys watch cookery shows in tv ive put a thread in indian tv forum, pls visit that and also take part:clap

6. sujakalyan

sujakalyan Silver IL'ite

hi latha

that mirchi(chilli) bajji wala in tambaram give more info abt
    location, timings, is that available in any mobile vending shop

some north indian mobile vending(thallu vandi) guys put shops near bus stops, market areas make samosa, pani puri, other chat stuff-they too are yummy
    these guys make tasty aloo stuffed mirchi bajjis

here in dubai-north indian chat shops make mirchi pakoda chat
    this is aloo stuffed mirchi dressed with green, sweet chutneys, garnished with onions and corienders

7. sujakalyan

sujakalyan Silver IL'ite

Dear Chit vish and TDU, Sunkan

you are all invited to put yr contributions to this thread
    pls share the experiences of yoru local eateris in madurai, mylapore, US
    so that when we pass by these areas we can pay a visit to these sites(eateries)

8. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Hi Shanvy, Lata, Bala, Sharavanthika, Rajmi, Suja
    I can see this thread is rocking with your foodie discusions. I have not been logging in for the last couple of days and glad to see the responses. I too love to eat out and I get the phone numbers of many caterers from the Good Food line in the Hindu Metro Plus every wednesday.
    Otherwise I try new joints just on impulse, my husband and daughters love to join me too.
    Will join in with more later.

9. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hi friends

suja, u come to my place during ur visit to India, i myself will take u yaar,not kidding, i know lot of places in mylapore also(i was there for few months but i know almost all the eatouts)

Mylapore: just b4 temple entrance of south mada sttreet , iyer mess, they will just give through window, we have to stand out and eat . yummy taste and good quality also and also very affordable rate

Another outlet near Adma street(i dono exact place) group of elders are running that, i had lunch manytimes there, they used to call it PATTA SADAM,for lunch u get sambar sadam and all variety rice in parcel with some side dish (just 8rupees) very excellent and homely taste

And, (i also heard and went only once) exclusuive for THAVALAI VADAI/ADAI
    shop , i think its near kutchery road

And , my vote is for KARPAGAMBAL MESS opp to kapaleeshwarar temple

Rajmi, GOMATHI CATERING SERVICE they wont deliver lunch or dinner for small orders(minimum of 25)or daily basis, but in the shop, some varity rice will be available for lunch

Ur true about BHATS, its very much crowded and no taste , now-a-days

Hey , tell me clearly about KALLIAKUDI and is it purely veg????!!!!:tongue

And about RATNA CAFE, i went on sunday for lunch, and ordered for veg Biryani, very ordinary taste yaar and my hubby ordered for south indian lunch, they took order , but no rice available,they ask all of us to wait, but later they gave rice after long time thatoo not properly cooked VEGAVEILLAY ny hubby got stomach pain due to that and VERY POOR SERVICE - i think tiffin items alone will be good(but i thought, i shld not go there hearafter)

iam just telling my opinion

and my most most most favourite hotel is ANDHRA MESS :tongue :tongue :tongue :tongue :tongue IN PONDY BAZAAR (back side of Naidu Hall) Iam very much crazy for SPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICY FOOD and i got real taste of Andhra there,typical Andhra food , its a very small hotel

And , in T.Nagar, near BRILLIANT TUTORIALS, u can find KAIYENDHI BHAVAN after 7pm , My god, u people shld go there once

HEY IAM FEELING REALLY SHY .. YAAR, what u all will think about me.....but i neverever used to hide my feelings and i also very much like to share my experience with others

Hey one more thing(hope somebody know) now we are getting RAJAPALAYAM KARALUZHAMBU in ADYAR ANANDA BHAVAN , those who like spicy stuff then go for it immidiately, wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!excellent.........jus 60rs

latamurali

10. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Friends,
    I am more familiar with eating out in Madurai. The best place for coffee is Visalam coffee in Goripalayam.
    Modern Restaurant is very good & I love their Patnam Pakodas, kothamalli sadam ( I got the recipe from them), rocket dosai etc.
    Sabari's is also very good & their kothu parota is very special.
    I will come back with the names of more places !
    Love,
    Chithra.