Discuss and share info about eatouts in and around your area

Discussion in 'Shopping & Restaurants' started by Jananikrithsan, Oct 6, 2007.

1. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Hi Chennai ILlites,
    Let's here on in this thread share info about restaurants eating joints, dabba services, cake makers, cookery classes, pickle makers or any such lip smacking information.
    Also about already existing shops any new shop in your area, what they stock not to forget their discount time. Starting now.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2007

2. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Re: Discuss and shre info about eatouts in and around your area

Hai janani

mmmmmmm............YUMMY THREAD

Iam supposed to reply first for this

Iam in East Tambaram,Sanatorium and iam a regular eater of outside food(my weight is 86kgs :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :biggrin2: ) and wherever i go , i used to note down about all these eat outs and plan to go with my friend or sister(ofcousre i have lot of people to join me)

My most favourite place is DIALY FRESH , this is a very small eatout and provide regular morning south indian tiffin varities ,full meal in the afternoon ,(at very reasonable rate ) ,SPICY MASAL VADAI,BAJJI,BONDA,SAMOSA,CUTLE and SWEET POLI for the evening snack and MALLIPU IDLY -SAMBAR AND CHAPPATHI - KURUMA/channa/sabji/dhal FOR THE DINNER AND WET DOSA/IDLY BATTER

This place is located in Agastiyar Street (opp to Gandhi Park,Poondy Bazaar)

I LIKE THIS PLACE VERY VERY VERY MUCH NOT ONLY FOR THE TASTE BUT ALSO FOR THE HYGENIC PREPARATION /CLEANILINESS OF THE PLACE :tongue

2. Opposite to my house , my uncle is running GOMATHI CATERING SERVICE
    like all other eat outs, here also we will get morning tiffin,afternoon variety rice,evening snacks and chappathi and idly for dinner - Speciality in this is My uncle and aunty, they do all the cooking by themselves and they also SUPPLY FOR SMALL OCCASIONS and also TAKE ORDERS FOR DIWALI/KRISHNA JAYANTI sweets and savouries

3.In my street end their is one BAJJI WALA,wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!how can i go without telling about him, he used to prepare MILAGAI BAJJI(CHILLY BAJJI),POTATO BONDA,ALL OTHER BAJJI VARITES AT VERY REASONABLE RATE VERY VERY VERY TASTY AND SPICY TOO. i can bet no one can prepare chilly Bajji like he does:clap :clap :clap :clap :redface: :oops:

4.On the selaiyur Main road (opp to Christ Kind Girls School) there is a FRESH JUICE SHOP (with all chat items ) , used to have all.....variety of fruits, iam a regular visitor to that shop to have grape juice and Ginger lime

And we have PALIMAR (NAIDU hALL,CHROMPET,BASEMENT) AND ANOTHER OUTLET NEAR TAMBARAM RLY STATION (opp to MCC)

VASANTH VIHAR - in selaiyur road

.And,now-a-days almost all the street have these eatouts,dont feel like mentioning about everything and told about my favourite places only

if i continue more than this, then my friends will DISMISS ME FROM SUPPORT GROUP FOR LOSING WEIGHT

latamurali

3. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hai

Just forgot to tell about PICKLE MAKERS - here lot of people do this business,not onlypcikle variety , but vadams,appalams,podi varities,puliyotharai paste also - all hygenically prepared with real good taste

If anybody wants to get any of these items, pls PM me,this is a small assistance i want to do for that PICKLE people

I really dont know about any CAKE MAKERS or cookery people

latmurali

4. shravanthika

shravanthika Senior IL'ite

Dear latha,
    I just..really cant blame you ...I can understand ..how many hurdles and obstacles you face in your weight reduction program ...hahahaha...But you didnt give address for a few....

may be during my next visit to India...I'll surely try all those...may be I can make a trip right away...and give up the weight reduction for some time...Janani ungaluke nalla irukka...just now gaining up all confidence from the support group...(just kidding)...

You know...during my last trip..almost I ate out everyday....may be I'll have lotsa choices during my next visit...

Continue with your inputs ladies...I shall jot it down everyday...

Last edited: Oct 7, 2007
  5. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hai shravan

Hey i know ur teasing me(ofourse, no probs yaar, we are friends and u people have all the rights) hahahah.......hehehe.............but really i have controlled lot for eating inthose outlets.......BELEIVE ME........j.us going regularly for FRESH JUICE alone , but having an habit of going once , if any new outlet opens

And, ur most welcome to India and East Tambaram(my houe) and i will give u my address also,and i myself ready to take u to all those places,hope u will guve me chance IAM NOT KIDDING inviting u from the heart(so tell me for sure b4 ur visit)

latamurali

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi janani,

this is one thread i cant contribute much. more of a home food lover. but if i come across good ones will contribute.

Well lata,

I cant blame your love for spicy food...if the whole area is loaded...and a uncle also...my god....

7. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

hahaha...........shanthi

But iam ready to offer all of u, all are welcome..

shanvy for u , i will prepare myself, dont worry dear

latamurali

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi latha,

Thanks for offering to cook for me...

Dont worry. i am the only one who is against outside food. it is always 1:4 (husband, son,daughter, fil) against my one vote..so they all love eating out.

i think you forgot about all the new chettinad hotels coming up near pallavaram/tambaram area..had observed them on the way....

9. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Between Vashi to Belapur, Navi Mumbai, Maharasthra, India

Wine and Dine
    Hotel K-Star
    The Park Hotel
    Hotel Appetite
    Hotel Supreme Heritage
    Hotel Highway View
    Days Inn
    Abbott Hotel
    Chenab
    Tunga International
    Saagar
    All the above eat-outs give value for your money.

Famous for Chinese food at a reasonable price
    Yo

Chaats
    Jhama (Chaats and sweets)

Pizza Varients
    MacDonalds
    Domino's Pizza

Sweets
    Shiv Prasad
    Bengali Sweet shop in Vashi (forgot its name)
    Survi Bandhu

Family Restaurants
    Hotel Panchratna
    Hotel Navratna
    Hotel Vishwa Jyothi
    Hotel Subhalakshmi
    Hotel Kshir Sagar
    Hotel Shabari

Cakes and Pastries
    Monginis
    Taj Birdy's
    Oven Pick

Ice-Creams
    Natural
    Baskin N Robbin
    Ribbon n Balloons (Cakes and Ice-creams)

These are the places I visit often and you can be assured of the quality and taste of the food items served.

Happy eating!!!!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2007
  10. sujakalyan

sujakalyan Silver IL'ite

hi latha,

im aware of the east thambaram location, u said one chilli bajji maker:tongue , what time it will be available? when i visit to india ill surely come there,

btw: how did u forget to mention bhat's pav baji near west thambaram bus stand?