Discounts, sales in March, April 2010

Discussion in 'Shopping & Restaurants' started by Rupsats, Mar 17, 2010.

1. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

I do not understand this statement.

2. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

He imagines himself too tall like Amitabh and me as someone like appu :rant:rant; bends his head down and talks to me

3. rajalakshmigopal

:biglaugh:rotfl.Sorry Cindhuja!Could not control myself.It is true that Anarkali and short tops/kurthis will show you even small.My height has vanished after my weight gain and I also look like an appu now:hide:

4. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Very true..So most of the days i opt for cotton sarees..but maintaining them is a hectic job..

5. brindaarun

brindaarun Silver IL'ite

I heard there is a sale starting in Rangachari from tomorrow..
    It has salwars also..

Chennai siliks sale is also there .. end date is apirl 15th

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  6. brindaarun

brindaarun Silver IL'ite

Milan Jyothi annual sales from April 3 to 18th but only 10 to 30 % discount

7. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Cindhuja,

I go with Janani. Get some cheap, cool cottons and get it stitched as loose kurtas. You can wear them with tights. I had a manager who used to be a classy dresser during her pregnancy. She wore poncho tops, maternity tops with loose sleeves and tights or track-type formals. If you want to wear Indian, then nothing like a short sleeved kurta with a tights. It wont make you look short too. Get the tights with no frills, just plain ones and wear them on your lower abdomen - Trick to mask the tummy.

Arch

8. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Somehow missed janani's FB..thanks arch and janani for such an idea...Though stitching is hectic process with my tailor..i have no other go..Will sure think about this and proceed very soon...Heard that New Nalli has good collection of dress materials in rolls..will check there too :hiya

9. rajalakshmigopal

Friends,

Iam not sure of posting this info here.I had been to Pothys,Nalli 100(Is it New Nalli ???),Chennai silks yesterday.

In pothys,they sell the bit materials like 2.5 mtrs,3 mtrs(the last piece from the running material bundle) for cheaper prices.I got one nice 2.4 mtrs material for Rs.126.Planning to stitch a top in that.You could see so much of such stuff there.

In Nalli 100,they sell damaged sarees(Trust me!I was not able to find any damage.May be they were a bit old and lost the shiningness,they term this as "Damaged")at 50-60% discount.Kancheepuram silk sarees are also sold out in this fashion.I saw a big crowd to see these type of sarees rather than the usual ones :hide:.I got one multicolor silk cotton saree for Rs.1870(Not in the damaged set.)

In chennai silks,they have discounts for salwars.10 - 30%.

P.S: There is one more shop "Kalandar Madina" adjacent to Chennai silks.It is kind of ok.Iam not highly impressed.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  10. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Very surprising and interesting.

RG in which floor or in which section do they sell those kind of materials? Both in Nalli and Pothys