disappointed with gender

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by unluckyme, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

This sex determination didnt happen in your suburb (I cant believe I am letting you go with this:bonk); It happened in India Spidy.

True the baby would have NO idea how its room was like when he/she was an infant...but everytime I step into babies r us, I get so lost and start dreaming about the room. Perhaps every woman goes through this? Its more for me than for the baby.

I am sure you will be all mushy-mushy (without gulping this time), when you go and checkout Babies R us.

Satchitananda, my nephew is now 7 years old. So, this has happened about 7 and half years ago.

I dont mean to derail...but, I would have been soooo disappointed if I didnt know the baby I would be getting before hand; like ordering pink winnie the pooh for a baby girl or a blue elephant from leap frog :hide:.

Edit: Gaaawd! I sound like one of those audiences from Oprah's show saying "Aaaawww" for everything.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  2. roopanair123

roopanair123 Gold IL'ite

as other members have suggested...do visit the threads "TTC and 2 weeks wait" in "Fertility and Trying to conceive Forum" ahd you will know the value of your pregnancy and your to be born baby...

hope ur view changes and all the best for a normal delivery..

3. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

Dear UL

Actually u are indeed fortunate to carry your lil princess in your womb, how strange of you to ever think you are unlucky.

We are three daughters and I have one daughter, my parents nor me even once thought we are unlucky.

Even if I have a son, no way I can think that he is going to look after me till death, in todays world kids are flying apart because of thier career and it will be selfish of us to think that they shud stay back to take care of us till our death.

Daughter or son should be available for us for emotional and moral support only and it's high time we make ourselves financially independent and not think like 20th century ladies that our sons shud take care of us in our old age.

1 person likes this.
  4. Grihani

Grihani Gold IL'ite

I cannot believe this is the thinking of a 20+ or a 30+ year old lady. You must also be hating yourself for being a daughter to your parents!