disappointed with gender

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by unluckyme, Feb 2, 2011.

1. DNM

DNM Silver IL'ite

I am so glad I read all of the posts in your thread and read your latest post. I had started to cry thinking about your itty bitty baby girl, whose mother did not want her. I would jump with joy if I could have a girl (I have a precious son now). A few years back I would have given an arm, a leg, an eye, a ear to have a healthy baby - boy or girl.

As raji said, it may be your hormones that are taking you for a ride. Relax and enjoy your first pregnancy. Your sweetness incarnation will be in your arms in a little while. Just looking at her face, you will forget about all your life's disappointments. Her future and her life will be paramount.

I hope you realize how blessed you are that you are having a baby at all and that too, the best possible gift - a baby girl, a creator and mother incarnate. Welcome her into this world happily so that she may learn to love and respect herself, so that she may grow up secure, confident and healthy.

God bless you and your daughter!

2. PavitraVenkat

PavitraVenkat Gold IL'ite

luckyu :) wud addr u further so :)

am so happy and glad about the big positive change :) love u for that :):):)

wish u a very happy and a smooth delivery...
    may god bless u and ur little angel with loads and loads of happiness...

love,
    pavitra

3. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

RIDICULOUS THREAD! (despite the later "change of heart")
    I am surprised IL-ites were patient with this user called 'unlucky', anyway absolutely ridiculous thread. There are folks yearning for a baby and these nonsensical threads arise. Wonder why such folks are blessed with babies, when so many struggle. Hate these threads.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  4. Want2BMom

Want2BMom Senior IL'ite

Quite an Irony, unluckyme is blessed not only with one but two children well quite comfortably i shud say, and there are women trying to convince her that a girl baby is fine !!!!
    The saying "to one his own woes are the greatest" is so true
    unluckyme try to count ur blessings u'd know how lucky u r

5. kanthaeikon

kanthaeikon Gold IL'ite

Ho Dear
    The same way I was thinking you reflected my points. Thanks dear.
    kantha

6. unluckyme

unluckyme New IL'ite

hi spiderman1,

I was also very scared to cry my heart outttt abt my depression here as i thought 90% people might react like u or even worse........
    but to my shock every one was patiently explanning things to me like I am a immature kid :) I cudnt blive my eyes....My heart went praying for everyone who made me feel good.....but I was just being honest!!!! trust me I dint hve any problems concieving it jus happened when i attempted and may b thts y i dnt feel the pain the TTC people feel!
    now I realise..... and ur post pinched me when yopu said wonder y such folks are blessed with a baby....I was shaken for a min......pls dnt say that anymore I have learnt my lesson...........I AM VERY LUCKY to b complete having my little DD soon!! I will never bring such thoughts ever in my brain again!
    I am proud I am a soon to be mother!

thank you for the pinch you gave me....it hurt me and shook me and I will never dare to say I dint want ths baby! u scared the hell out of me !!! i dnt want anything any sons anything at all but my this baby whom I have already connected with

sorry n thanks a bunch!

7. Nid31

Nid31 Senior IL'ite

Good Unlucky me..

That you realised it... We are here with nothing in our hand and struglling to get just a kid... It was so surprising to even see such kind of thread here...

YOu are lucky and God had blessed you.. Be Thankful to him....

If you still have any questions just go to the thread Fertlity and tryign to conceive.. Even 2 pages will be enough to realise what people go through......

8. waitingForTej

waitingForTej Senior IL'ite

spiderman,

please don't be judgemental about unluckyme (who is lucky now!).
    All these thoughts have nothing to do with other women who haven't yet been able to conceive. Think about it- we do waste food sometimes... doesn't mean we dont' care about kids in Africa! One forms thoughts based on their own situation in life.
    That being said, I don't justify her thoughts. On the other hand, put yourself in her shoes- Inlaws pressurizing for a boy, she being a girl having to help her mom secretively unlike her husband who can openly help his, pregnancy hormones, etc. It doesn't sound like she doesn't want the girl inside her, but just worried how the girl will face upto this world. ILites here were kind enough to make her understand that her baby will loveher to the core and grow up in a different generation with good leadership opportunities for women!

So please cheer her up and help her be positive:thumbsup

9. janaki25

janaki25 Senior IL'ite

Wow..when I read that you didnt want your child just becoz of her gender,it really shook me.I was thinking how she will feel if she ever comes to know about her mothers thoughts of not wanting her at all...it was really heart wrenching..but I am so glad/relieved that your thoughts have changed now.I sincerely hope you dont change your attitude to the former one again and please love your child unconditionally.All the best to you and hope your delivery goes smoothly.Take care.

10. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hey Lucky:))

Thats how we are going to call you .....happy to know that you have realised, keep it up till the end.

Now try to talk to your foetus with love....sure you will get a happy kick from her as a response:))

I pray god to bless you with healthy baby and give enough strength to handle all the situation.

Enjoy your Pregnancy and Safe Delivery.

Takecare....Bye.

Waiting to see your cutiepie picture soon....