1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

DILs and MILs Dynamics - Lets Discuss

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Ria2006, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

Sihi,

I am glad you did break your resistance and replied to this post. I totally know there are some illogical and hurtful In-laws too and at time it can cross our patience limit too.
    I can understand it must have been very painful time for you. But I adore your strength and resilience through this.

Ria

2. kavya007

kavya007 Gold IL'ite

Hi Sihi,

It is good that you put your husband and in-laws in their proper place. Through some of your threads I do know the struggles. You have been bringing up your child almost like a single parent. Kudos to you !!! Why do we need to take so much abuse from them? Are we their slaves? It is good that you made that 911 call when your husband slapped you. Your husband will think twice before slapping you again. I think sometimes husbands and in-laws think we are uneducated fools with very thick skins. They can say and do whatever they want and get away with it. I have decided never to step into my in-laws house again. My MIL's elder sister abused my aunt a lot in my marriage over a flimsy issue. After 5 years she and her son abused my FIL very badly. When that incident happened I told my husband that what goes around in the world comes around. So I am pretty sure your FIL won't get away with whatever he did.

Thanks,
    Kavya.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2008
  3. sihi

sihi Senior IL'ite

Thanks for the support Kavya and Ria. As elders say...god does gives us strength when its time to face the challenges. Each one of us have it...but only when we are exposed to such situations, we know it.
    I have thanked my FIL for giving me an oppurtunity to know my strengths and making me so confident and strong lady!! and he was speechless:) he would never have dreamt that I will thank him for what he did to me:)
    Kavya - I dont care whether my FIL learns his mistakes or not.....donno if after 5 yrs he will be still alive and where my life will stand. I am just taking one day at a time without worrying too much and its doing good for me. Me too like you have decided never to step in their house again in my whole life. For me they are both dead...they don't care for me nor for their own grand-daughter and inturn they dont care for their only son's family life and future.....so why should I worry about them.

Regards,
    Sihi

4. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Sihi... I dont know whatever you did.. but I bow to your bold and courageous stand :bowdown:bowdown to make them stop whatever they were doing to you..

No one should stand those type of talks from anyone and you made us all proud.. way to go girl !!!!

As kavya said... earth is round for a reason ;) it will come back and bite ya... so fate will take its course on all those people who made your life miserable... just concentrate on yours and lead a peaceful, happy life..

God bless!!

5. sihi

sihi Senior IL'ite

Thanks for the encouraging words Nandshyam.
    But I know I had to put an end to their abuses after taking it for 6-7yrs of marriage....they think I did it in the wrong way..because I did vent out all that I felt right on their face...to the extent that I told my FIL that he is almost on his death bed at the age of 75yrs and what answer will he give god when he goes to hell (for sure not heaven:)). But these kind of people will they agree it if I do in the right way? NO. I also tried tactfully solving issues...for which they all including my hubby said thats its a drama etc etc....so I had to take the only other way that was left. Saying it right to their face....doing that cleared my pent up frustration too.
    Right now they are doing all theertha-yatres to cover their sins...no amount of all those will cover it I feel. My FIL even said to me "leave your child on the streets who cares!!!" Imagine a grandparent talking such things.....mean people!! I believe that god will never forgive them for what they did to my child at her tender age of only 7months.
    I thank god for being with me in my tough times. When they left.....I got a nice indian babysitter for my kid...she knew my problems and looked after my kid very well. I will be grateful to her my entire life. Also my workplace was supportive enough and they let me adjust my timings at work etc....seeing such understanding and good people around, I feel that world has many good people too!!
    All this has made my believe the statement more "God will never close all the doors at once...its upto us to find the ray of light in the darkness and God will surely help us in the path".
    Now I have the confidence in myself that if things go worse in my life, then I will surely stand up and will be able to give a good life and future for my child all by myself. With these 3 yrs of raising my kid almost like a single parent, I think I have gained a lot of confidence in myself to face society, to handle and cope, and to raise a child happily.

This morning I was talking to my mom on the phone and was venting out, but her one statement made me cry and also happy at the same time. She said "Your child is very lucky to have you as her mother....who else will be so confident in such tough times and take care of child so well even when you are in the worst phase of life. Your kid is very very lucky that she is born to you...and she will be proud of her mother too when she grows up".

Sorry Ria for taking up so much space in your thread and digressing the topic so much.

Regars,
    Sihi

6. ANK

ANK Bronze IL'ite

Sihi,

Ur mum's statement brings tears to my eyes too! And here's to ur mum and u:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown.................

God Bless u dear! And may he give u the strength to take the right step every day of ur life! After reading ur posts, I feel u r a woman of courage and resilience, and no one can take u down! Always in my prayers!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2008
  7. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

Sihi,

You are more than welcome to vent here. These threads are to bring us close and help heal the wounds we have received as part of living.

Cheers
    Ria

8. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

My exact words !!! Sihi, :bowdown:bowdown... Never lose heart to all those BS from the society. Just carry on with your life...

9. sihi

sihi Senior IL'ite

I am overwhelmed with all your support and responses.:thankyou2:. These encouraging words from my close ones is what is keeping me going.

Regards,
    Sihi

10. vidyasriram

vidyasriram Senior IL'ite

Hi Sihi,

Way to go Sihi!! God will always be with you.
    As your mom says, It is true your baby will be proud to have a mom like you.
    Hats off to your courage!!:bowdown:bowdown

God bless you.

-Vidya