Dilation and Cuterage( D &C ) : Questions, please help.

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Amicable, Dec 14, 2007.

1. Amicable

Amicable Senior IL'ite

Irregular periods date

Hi ...I got pregnant right away after my marriage, but unfortuntly after 6-7 weeks, had miscarrige and got D&C done this year. We started trying after two months and till now no result. Its been 5 months and I am loosing hope. Doctor told me to wait for six months. Sometime it feels like it will never happen.

I get my periods every month, but the problem is sometime I get my periods after 23 days and sometime after 31 days. I use Ovulation kit every month, but wasted. Not knowing my exact time for periods could be the reason for missing my chance too. How should I find out the approx. time for my periods and ovulation?

Thank you.

2. Sudhasanjeev

Sudhasanjeev Senior IL'ite

Hello,

I was pregnant nd everyone was happy but that dnt last a long. I had a doctor appointment on feb 7th to check the heartbeat of the baby, doctor was trying to hear but she coudnt, they did ultra sound if everything is ok. To my fate the baby was not growing from 8th week. she scheduled an appointment for feb 15 th to do D&C DILATION AND CURETTAGE. Did any one does go through this?, plz help me to reduce my fear and tensions,Doctor said not to have anything before surgery, plz help me ladies looking forward for ur suggestions.

Thanks
    Sudha

3. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Re: Help me

Dear Sudha

Relax! I know it must be heart-breaking but I have gone thru' this and I got to know that 1 in 3 pregnancies end this way,sometimes even before the woman knows that she is pregnant. I don't know the reason in your case but for me it was the Hcg hormone being low. In November 2006,I was pregnant the second time and had fixed my appointment with the doctor for the 9th week.Before that,at 5 weeks ,I had urine test etc done which had confirmed pregnancy.But at the 9th week ultrasound,they found that the foetus had not developed beyond the 3 week and then a blood test confirmed that HCG count was low.The medical term for this is Blighted Ovum or missed miscarriage.I had to do a D & C too.Don't worry,all will go well.It is a simple procedure and you will be in hospital only for 1-2 hrs or so_Once you come back,you should take rest for a day atleast.

Don't worry,you will conceive again very soon.All the best.

4. Sudhasanjeev

Hello sunitha,
    thanks for ur support, Doctor said the reason for my miscarriage,is nature decision, no one nd nothing is responsible for my miscarriage. but i still feel as am pregnant.

thanks,
    sudha

5. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

It's the same thing they told me too..on probing further I got to know regarding the hormone..maybe you can ask your doctor for the details. I am telling you this because I heard some people may need treatment for this inorder to conceive again.In my case,I did not need any treatment and without that I conceived again.I don't want to scare you but it is better to check to be sure.

6. Sudhasanjeev

sure i will ask this friday,today someone called from the doctors office they said they will do finally ultrasound nd check if everthing is fine nd then they do D&C.

7. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Yes,Sudha,that is the procedure,they will finally do one more ultrasound before the D & C..hope everything goes well..I will pray for you.

8. Sudhasanjeev

Thanks for supporting nd answering my queries.

9. Sudhasanjeev

Thanks for ur support nd answering my queries, i hv one more question for u. Before having this i shouldnt sip water. Is that possible?

10. Sudhasanjeev

Thanks for ur support