1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dignity of Labour

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by radsahana, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear rads,

this post of yours did remind me of my maid ..i had posted on her sometime ago.i do appreciate your friend and she is very lucky to have you as her friend.

in fact i would treat her as anybody else too....if I like her she would be a friend otherwise an acquaintance.her being a maid will not be the deciding factor.just she as a person.would only matter to me.:)

2. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Hi Radhika.

A very nice and thought provoking post. I :bowdown for the attitude you have shown to your friend and appreciate that you would continue.

As you rightly said such situations are a rare sight in India and the fact that the maid's child goes to the same school as one's is a never to be digested thought here.

I am sure you would be a role model not only for your children but others in the Society too.

I repeat the quote from your post here for it really touched me.

My parents always say try to help always if you can, and don't expect the same person to help you, someone else will, it is gods way of keeping the chain of humanity alive.

It is very true that during testing times God really helps us through someone we may not have thought off. Good done unto others definitely returns to us manifold.

Thank you for this wonderful thread Radhika.

3. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Dear Meenu

Thanks for the fb dear. Actually i am not doing anything great, and my friend also will not think so.

Since here everyone respect everyone first as a person and friend, rather than for their work. As i said earlier, society here advocates hard work and equality among people, irrespective of nationality or caste.

I appreciate that even you are helping your friends, which means we also acknowledge that someone helped us earlier. Have a gr8 day.

4. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Dear Vijji,

Thanks very much for the fb dear. I think you and TL, were here, u would have done same thing as me, since somehow culture here doesnt discriminate anyone, basically. it may have taken some time but i think you all would have done what i had done.

If we just try to see the other person as a human being like us, then i think it is easier to friend to them. :)

5. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Dear Nats,

Yes i know u would have done same thing. Truly said, what we are today, is the legacy of our parents. They gave us these core value to us.

Thinking of what your father did at that time itself, shows how much he valued individual as person and his belief in equality.

Think of it 6 yrs old kid demands respect and are happy if they get it, and how can then a adult don't want that respect, and how can we refrain from giving that to them.

One thing i would also add here is my DH also believe in same line, and we both tries to inculcate that value in kids. Sometime, if spouse has different beliefs, it does have clashing effects on kids.

6. Ridha

Ridha Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    really enjoyed reading ur article nd it brought a nice calm feeling to my mind.keep posting.
    regards
    ridha

7. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Dear Mindi,

thanks very much for the fb dear. Truly said, we became friends to someone, if we like them and they are not bragging or egoistical people

have a gr8 day.

8. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Dear Soldier,

thanks very much for the fb. I try to help anyone, if i can, i also teach that to my kids, that god has given us all good things, in turn we should be helping others and always respect others.

I think as a parent,we really are role model for kids, they observe our behaviour and words keenly, we cannot preach something and act differently.

Have a nice day.

9. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Hi Ridha,

Thanks for dropping by and giving feedback. Also thanks for motivating and appreciating.

have a gr8 day.

10. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

You said it right, Radhika..Here the dignity of labour is well preserved.
    Eventhough there are exceptions in every society, let's take what is good for us, na.

Seiyum thozhile deivam..isn' it!

sriniketan