different Recipe required

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by amnilakshmi, Apr 26, 2012.

1. amnilakshmi

amnilakshmi Gold IL'ite

Hi All,

I have been married for 8 years and i have been cooking since 8 years :). I cook/ prepare dosa/idli for breakfast. Lunch is as usual some rice variety or rice with gravy, sidedish and so on. For dinner, its always chapathi or stuffed chapathi varieties.
    Now i am fed up with this routine. Please let me know if you ppl are aware of somthing different. i donot want any dosa/chapathi dishes... something else ... Please

2. aashuabhi

aashuabhi Gold IL'ite

I am not sure Lakshmi, if you like other than indian cuisine but you can make some chinese dish or pastas at home for a change.

3. lathaviswa

lathaviswa IL Hall of Fame

4. radsanush

radsanush Bronze IL'ite

as already suggested if you like you can try making pasta , pizza , noodles .. or u can try making oats recipes for dinner.
    my cooking pattern is also the same. rice for lunch and chapati for dinner. but once or twice a week i try reversing the order so that it feels diff. sometimes i make dosa , rava idly, sandwich for dinner. it kinda breaks the monotonous cycle.

5. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

In our household, everyone gets bored of the same routine meal. I try to make sure that any one meal of the day is a complete meal. usually it is lunch.

At dinner. we stick to something light and different from rotis/rice.

For a variation in meals, try serving some healthy sandwiches. You can make noodles which everyone loves. For breakfast, instead of idli-dosa always, make seviyan, upma, poha etc. The variety is endless. All you need to do is to just plan keeping in mind evrybody's taste.

6. virtualkv2020

virtualkv2020 Platinum IL'ite

Yeah I understand.It does get boring sometimes. Here is what I do when I get bored with the routine.

1.Try to add something new to your regular breakfast. For example,before steaming idlies,sprinkle some grated carrots and chopped beans over the batter in the idli moulds and steam them. You could also prepare stuffed idlies by adding a small layer of idli batter to the idli moulds, then layer with some curry,finally top it off with the idli batter and steam them.You could also make dosas with different fillings (for example instead of the regular potato masala dosa, you could try palak paneer dosa, mushroom dosa,spring roll dosa).Also adding a bit of green capsicum to your usual tomato upma gives a unique flavor. Instead of regular paniyaram you could make egg paniyaram for breakfast and serve it with bread or roti.Try some different breakfast recipes like french crepes(the french dosas), waffles,pancakes.Serve cereal and milk for breakfast when you are too tired to cook or want to try something healthy.

2. Try making different kathi rolls for breakfast or lunch.Take a chapathi, layer it with an omelette, add any left over curry or chicken/paneer 65/manchuria,top it off with freshly sliced onions,lime juice,roll and serve.This is filling and quite healthy as you use wheat based chapathis instead of the maida roties tht many vendors use outside home.

3. You can make chinese fried rice for lunch with ease.Heat little oil, add chopped ginger,garlic,green chillies,carrots,capsicum,boiled beans and fry.Add salt,pepper powder,soya sauce, pinch of ajinomoto and saute.Add cooked rice, fry on a high flame and serve hot.At the end you could add little scrambled egg for egg fried rice and boiled and shredded chicken for chicken fried rice.

4.You could add some soups to your menu.If you are fan of chinese, you could go for sweet corn soup, hot n sour soup,clear soup.You could also try continental soups like cream of mushroom soup, cream of spinach soup, brocolli and cheddar soup.

5.You could also make different kinds of sandwiches.You could use make salad sandwiches during summer, hot grilled sandwiches during winter.You can be creative by using different fillings..left over curries works too.

6.You can make maggie noodles in chinese style.Heat little oil,add chopped garlic,green chillies and saute.Add chopped veggies like carrots,capsicum and saute.Add little salt, ajinomoto,soya sauce and saute.Add water, maggie masala seasoning (the masala packet which you get with the noodles),pepper powder and bring to a boil.Add maggie noodles and cook till done.Serve hot.

7.You can make noodle cutlets by mixing left over maggie noodles with some vegetable cutlet mixture,make patties & fry them.

8.You could buy some ravioli (stuffed pasta) from the supermarket along with some pasta sauce.Cook the pasta in water, drain & mix with pasta sauce and serve.

9.You could make pasta bake by stir frying some veggies with some pasta sauce & cooked pasta, then transfer them to a baking bowl,Top it off liberally with grated cheese and bake till the cheese melts and forms a golden crust.Serve hot.

10.Instead of adding boiled eggs to a gravy curry, you can add egg koftas to the gravy. For egg koftas beat eggs in a bowl with some salt,onions & spices.Heat a paniyaram pan, add the egg batter to the moulds and make egg koftas.

11.If you are too bored with rice/chapathi, you could try making an english meal at home.They usually serve chicken/fish/other meat with some cooked veggies,mashed potatoes. Try making a tasty chicken or fish fry, then serve it with some sauted veggies (for example saute sweet corn, in some olive oil and season with salt n pepper), mashed potatoes. This is filling and yummy too.

12.Also, don't forget to add different kinds of fruits to your menu everyday.You can make whole green moong dal sprouts at home, make a tadka and add them to the sprouts.You could add tadka to the soaked & boiled green peas.This can be eaten as a snack or for breakfast and are filling as they are rich in fiber.

Hope this helps.

2 people like this.