1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Different Frames!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Sabitha,

With the day starting with difficulty logging into IL, your snippet is like ventilator for a COVID-19 patient who has breathing difficulty. I am going to be brief in my response because I can post only from my phone.

Whenever we are unable to track where Orion is, we used to ring the door bell and he used to bark and run towards the main door. I can relate so well with Tobie’s mindset.

We can let our mind go as far as where the rope in cow’s neck would reach. However, it should always be centered at the Self. Every action we make should be to strengthen the Self. You have articulated it so well.

Thyagarajan and Srama like this.
  2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear V sir,

So I was not the only one having trouble logging in since yesterday! Glad you chose to give a feedback from your phone. Will I get a longer one when you can log back on :biggrin:. Just kidding - You know I am truly glad that you chose it write despite the trouble for the post must have connected with you some way. Appreciate it!

Dogs are so very cute I tell you that much. For Toby, it is the car or the word boost or the name of the school we take him to - yes, we do I told you already he has about 70 words in his vocab :biggrin:, nah we take him to play in the play ground but he knows what we are talking about :) He is so happy running around from the front to the back door the whole day and escaping to the guest room to get nap every now - what with all of us around!

As much as it sounds as a selfish pursuit, the self knows how to make a difference to ourselves and hence the world around us :) Thank you sir, as always for your feedback!

Thyagarajan and Viswamitra like this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Sabitha,

There is always a center for the circle whether it is a circle of influence or otherwise. That center should be filled with principles and values. Our mind wanders around and tries to satisfy the senses of organs and perceptions without any success. Once our mind is subordinated to the principles and values rooted to our core which is actually the inherent nature of every human being as opposed to the nature developed by the mind through Vasanas, We begin to see the light of divine existence. The mind is like a pendulum that moves forward and backward with every relationship and it passes through what should be its original state of equilibrium at least twice during those moments. One should watch that pendulum swing experiencing the place of equilibrium.

One pointedness, equanimity and balancing the attraction and repulsion are three essential ingredients for a peaceful life. Yoga and meditation develop these three important traits.

Srama likes this.
  4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

LOL, Sabitha, you really brought a grin to my face with that! Toby! Give him a huge hug on my behalf.

Srama likes this.
  5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you V sir! Agreed the mind
    is like a pendulum and when it gets to that center twice is what we have to hold on to -- that point of being balanced and extend it the fluctuations so that the effects are not felt that much! Getting in the gap as Dr.Dyer says :)

Viswamitra likes this.
  6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Of course Satchi! Will do
    He will be only happy and will ask for more :)

satchitananda likes this.
  7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:@Srama
    Absolute delight. That is the way one could express the pleasure of reading this post.
    I liked the Tobe’s mind set in those first two paragraphs. I believe he has understood that something amiss around the neighbourhood and hence all members of family indoors locked up all the day and night. Orion of @Viswamitra too must be in the same boat.

That’s quite a scene.

I enjoyed your description of tobe’s dilemma.
    watching you doing yoga, Tobe too would probably imitate by standing on its hind legs.

That is a complex situation .

Life Is A Balance Between Holding On And Letting Go – Rumi

Humans (mind) oscillate constantly from moving to steadiness or stableness or to create balance from imbalance.
    Thanks and Regards.

GOD - COVID - 19 - Is it a prelude to modernise Your universe?

8. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @Thyagarajan sir,

Thank you for your very warm words! Truly appreciate your response!

Perfectly put. Thanks for the right quote. I am learning to reach that clarity of thought. I have to go through the rigor of the pendulum .......Rumi is amazing! Holding and letting go......that is all we can do! Thank you!

Thyagarajan likes this.