1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Difference grandparents make in kids life

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by justlikethat, May 20, 2010.

1. justlikethat

justlikethat New IL'ite

Yesterday, my mom came to our place.. my kids were so excited to see her.. though they were meeting her after one year and my older one (who is three..)has met her only twice since she's born .. but the attachment she has for her 'nani' was amazing..

My girl, who does not like to talk to new people, takes good amount of time to warm up with peope she knows.. was an absoute chatterbox with her nani.. as soon as nani sat in the car, from airport to home, nani got a detailed report of what has happened in our life in past few weeks from my little reporter ..

Everday, she would not brush her teeth without papa, would not eat food and sleep without mommy.. would want mommy to read her a book everynite.. but yesterday... it was all about nani.. nani, feed me, nani only dress me up.. nani only sleep with me.. everything nani.. in one day only, nani taught her so many new words ... I am waiting to see what all happens in next few weeks mom is here :)

I was so humbled with amount of love my daughter was showring on her nani.. and the way she was behaving with nani touched my heart.. I have been thinking since last nite, we live so far away from home.... my kids are missing our so much.... thats why little one was ready to make up for that.. I have decided to visit grandparents both side atleast every six months until their school is starting or as long as we can..

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

True kids like grandparents very much and they are also very loving. My granddaughter was with us since eight months and now since she has gone to Dubai with her mother, I miss her very much.

love
    viji

3. kainaath

kainaath Senior IL'ite

hi JLT...
    :iagreethat grandparents play a very important role in a child's upbring.

your children are very fortunate to have them around and even to have parents like yourself who dont consider elders in the house as a hindrance in the upbringing of your children.
    keep up with your promise and the rest all good shall just follow.

4. Pavithra55

Pavithra55 Gold IL'ite

hi
    grandparents play a very important role. i am the mould of my granmom. i love her more than anybody. she is the person who is taking care of me from my birth till now

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  5. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

your post reminded me my grandmom
    i am the only child for my parents and had all the love in the world but i always loved my grandmas company .we used to share common room.she was my backbone i should say..whenever i used to come home and say i dint do exams well or something bad happened she always assured me everything will be in place..she was a very strong women who took care of all responsibilties since my granpad left

grandparents are just awesome

6. yams

yams Platinum IL'ite

dear justlikethat!

a wonderful username! giving a wonderful meaning of asking others even to take things lightly!

of course you are right! children always show an attachment to grand parents since they are the only one who always listen to them with patient knowing how to tackle them better!
    i didn't mean parents are not like that but even we may have avoided them or not listening to them properly when we have some important work!
    that too they see us often so don't find a difference! but when her grand parents come after a long time they love listening to her! enjoy her behaviour! and that's it make them close to her grani and grand pa!
    this won't much work out if they are always with them!
    its really lovely to see grand parents and spent time with them during a nice vacation time and during holidays!
    they really enjoy with them!:thumbsup

7. mithy232

mithy232 Silver IL'ite

Justlikethat,

Your post brought back the excitement I share with my grand mom. She is a darling to me. Every time I call her Paati...I once again become a kid and enjoy her love. Till date she feeds me food listening to all my stories. Who else will love us to this extent than a grand mom?!

My grand mom grew up with me. She taught me Thirukural when I was 10-12. Now she teaches me Agananooru. It is a big gift listening to her lectures. I simply adore her a lot. She is the best!!! :thumbsup

Thanks for sharing it with us! :bowdown

8. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

hi,

wonderful post. I know how kids love grandparents, and even for Grandparents they in their old age,wants nothing but to play with grandkids and watch them growing.

I also feel, in the name of privacy and nuclear family, we deprive the kids and grandparents their share of joy and bondings. But as you say, if for whatever reason, they are away, least we can do is make them meet quiet often.

My inlaws and we are staying together, so my kids enjoy with them, and even they enjoy the kids, their day to day activities and my DDs stories of ehr schools and about some new things.

Now i am in USA, so my inlaws and even my parents miss my kids a lot.