1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Diet for Diabetic patients

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by sleela, Nov 19, 2006.

1. paddhu

paddhu New IL'ite

I was a diabetic ( yes 'I was" because it was medicine induced) and my nuritionist suggested that I can take fruits except Banana (the big green ones mainly), chikoo or sapota, seetha pal or custard apple, black grapes and mangoes. All other fruits you can take in moderation. Having small meals in short intervals of 2 - 2 1/2 hrs, avoiding sugar and sweets completely and going for walks regularly helped me avoid insulin tabs or shots. Avoid noodles and pizzas and preferably artificial sweeteners too. Bru or nescafe coffee with a little more milk and no sugar tastes very good. you will develop a taste for that. I am still following the same

2. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi paddhu,

very good to hear that you 'had' diabetic.:hiya Great going! keep it up :clap:clap:clap many will be motivated after seeing your mail.

3. chandukaka

chandukaka New IL'ite

hi
    i want to know that what food have to eat in diabetics as i m taking medicine 4 diabetics twice a day and i had gain my weight too i had hypothyroid too and i m taking medicine 4 that also so pls guide me ,for food what i have to eat

4. Sakthi6

Sakthi6 New IL'ite

Hi friends,
    Iam new to IL. Iam also diabetic and hypothyroid. My weight is 90 kg. I want to reduce my weight. So kindly help me with a diet plan that could reduce my weight and to control sugar level..kindly help me friends...

5. Antu601

Antu601 Senior IL'ite

Hi all,
    i really wish you all star a group for diabetic people so that it is easier to discuss that way.....just like a r rehman groups, sharukh khan groups then why cant we have a diabetic groups where everyone can pour their experiences.:thumbsup