1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Diet for Babies Under 1 year

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by Vandhana, Jun 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meeta shah

meeta shah Senior IL'ite

Re: Daily Diet Plan for our babies

It seems like San...We started with little bit and now she can eat 1 medium ize paratha sometime. But than she will have lighter dinner. Means instead of dal-rice, she will have veg.puree.

Meeta

I am sorry for replying late. As this thread is moved, I visited this forum after a while...

2. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

San - Not at all. If Vinay seems satisfied at the end of a feed - either smiling/sleepy - then thats all thats needed. You cant go by his tummy always. So stop worrying abt your milk and just feed him when he wants. No need for formula either. :)

Vanathi.

3. meeta shah

meeta shah Senior IL'ite

I need receipe for "Ragi porridge". I am giving Aarya cereal/oatmeal as her breakfast but looking for something more tasty and nutritious.
    I am from gujarat and have never heard about Ragi porridge before but have seen that many moms prefer to give it as a breakfast on this board. So, if you don't mind please exlain the taste of it as well...

Thanks
    Meeta

4. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

I want to introduce pureed sabji to riya, can somebody share some recipes? I want to introduce her to sabji recipes instead of just steaming them and mashing them, but don't know how to make it for a six month old. Any tips?

Raj

5. meeta shah

meeta shah Senior IL'ite

Any thick and creamy soup reciepes for 7 month old?

Thanks
    Meeta

6. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Oh ok, thanks :)

7. anshulkumar

anshulkumar New IL'ite

Hi All,

i too wanna b part of this thread. till now my baby is on BF. i think i should continue it for one more month, then start giving him some solids.

Cheers,
    Anshul

8. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Ladies can u plz write it down ur baby's age too beside diet plan, this will help others like me. My baby is going to be 4 mth old this jun 19 & i'm curious can i start giving her solids starting with rice cereal or it's little early to start?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2008
  9. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Meeta / Raj - this sounds good Meals for seven months onwards

For those with older babies Eating with the family

I got both in my mail today and thought I would share.

Cheer - Most of us have tickers with our baby's age in it. You should check with your ped abt solids because anytime after 4 mnths is ok but the recommended age is 6 mnths.

Vanathi.

10. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

You can do ragi in 2 ways. The first (meant for babies just starting solids) is to soak ragi overnight and strain the liquid (so that the brown outer bit stays in the strainer) - what comes out will be white. Cook that for a few mins until it thickens and add breastmilk/formula for sweetness.The drawback is that this has to be done daily - no storing.
    The other way (for older babies) is to dry ragi well, dry roast it and grind to fine powder and store. Then cook with a little water/milk until it thickens adding sugar/salt for taste. I do this and Aadhu likes it cold - so I actually make it well before and leave it to set for an hour - it comes out like 'China Grass'/mousse-like consistency and he likes it a lot like this. As for taste, it doesnt taste like anything much - very bland so I add a little sugar. I guess you can add formula if you would rather not use sugar.

Vanathi.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.