Did you face this situation?

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by madhupriya24, May 22, 2010.

1. madhupriya24

madhupriya24 New IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]I think most of (why not 100%) the women in this world have faced harassment. Whether it is on the road , in the bus , in the local train , at your work-place , or even your house ? Nobody will escape the situation.WHY IS ALL THIS DISCRIMINATION ONLY OT WOMEN ????I really feel ashamed to say that in our purely cultured India there is the girl-child abuse.Why do people feel proud to say that they have sons than they have daughters ?Is it any special possession or wealth? Actually speaking , in these days daughters are more affectionate towards their parents than the so-called sons.Isn't it???[/JUSTIFY]?

2. Pavithra55

Pavithra55 Gold IL'ite

hi madhupriya
    i totally agree with you. when a gal is born they feel its burden but when boy is born its a boon but now its completely changed. girl child is very affectionate and is the one to give respect to her parents and take care of them

3. fiona

fiona Bronze IL'ite

you r right madhupriya, I think it is just the mindset of Indians which is pre set to have boy child coz they don't need to bother about dowry at their wedding:bonk

4. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi,
    a child is a child wether girl or boy & needs to be loved irrespective of gender.
    just because i have 2 sons does not mean that i have got a treasure but because i have 2 kids who love me & whom i love very much makes me feel like a rich rather blessed person.

i guess because in india male gender is prefered we have made this story of girls loving their parents more then the boys so as to make people more attracted to idea of having girls & accepting girl child.
    in long run it depends upon the personality of a child.just because i am a girl does not make me love my parents more then my brother but because i am loving person by nature that is why i love my parents,my siblings,my dh,my kids,my inlaws,my friends,my country ,my books...............so on
    pragati