1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Did anyone experience this type of Problem in Visitor visa?

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by shams86, Jan 12, 2013.

1. shams86

shams86 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Friends, My parents went for visa Interview in December 4 India. They gave some white form and told to wait for their Email for the acceptance of Visa. My mother got her visa in 15 days after the interview where as my father still didn't get. Its already been more than a Month and still no response from the Immigration Department. My Father tried to ask in the visa Office but they said nothing has been progressed in their status and they've to wait for the Email to get their visa. I am feeling so bad that why its happening, presented all the documents...My Mom got the visa but not my Dad...I want both of them to be here. Did anyone of your parents experienced the same trouble in getting their visa? If so in how many days after the interview your parents got the visa? Thanks in advance...

2. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

This happened to one of my friend's parents. Her dad got it but mom had to wait for 2 months. It happened to one of my dad's colleague too. He got the visa, but his wife had to wait. I don't know what was the actual problem, but I guess this is quite common.

3. shams86

shams86 Bronze IL'ite

oh really 2 Months!!! Any others experience on this issue??

4. Sapnakes

Sapnakes New IL'ite

hi shams , my parents also faced same pblm while visa interview 6month back ,my mother gt visa but they said same thing to father what he said nd we still did nt gt visa for him but hoping this year he will gt otherwise they need to return money for visa interview (if it is almost one year of interview) thats why my mother came alone to help me in delivery.so do nt worry its normal thing.if u r father has govt job and if he is gng to retire soon.

5. shams86

shams86 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for your reply Sapnakes...Its too bad to hear that its almost coming to 1 yr and your father still didn't get the visa. My Father is a retired Person(Long Back) but still didn't get his visa...Why the Hell visa rules are like this? I am so sad!!

6. shams86

shams86 Bronze IL'ite

My Father still didn't get his VISA...I'm worried...Please pour some more experiences of yours or any of your friends experience in this matter..Its already been 1 1/2 month and in couple of days it will be 2 months also..I am so sad.

7. SimpleGirl

SimpleGirl Gold IL'ite

ohh my god that is scary... My mom is planning to come to help me with my delivery.., dad will be joining later after few months, as he is still working.... We will be applying for their visa soon.. I hope this doesnt happen to them... we can wait for daddy's visa.. but alteast mom's visa should be approved...

We already had lots of issues with passport application.. My mom's passport took 2 and half months to arrive.. On top of that.. it had spelling mistake.. after long waiting we got appointment today for the submitting the passport Reissue application..they say new passport will arrive within a week.. I hope it doesnt get delayed more.. after that we have to apply for visa... Feb is almost here.. and I am due in April.. I am just praying that we dont have any more issues...

8. helpmeangel

helpmeangel Platinum IL'ite

hi simplegal,

Please do not wait for long and apply for visa for your mother immediately. You can apply for your dad also along with her if you can. He can always travel when needed, though you get the visa before. Please do not delay.

We have applied and got our visas for our parents and in laws last year though they are not planning to travel any time soon.