Diamond buying in Hyderabad?

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants in Hyderabad' started by meenakrishnan, Dec 23, 2006.

1. meenakrishnan

meenakrishnan Bronze IL'ite

Hi friends,
    I am a newcomer here.The first day itself I liked the forums,articles and topics discussed.All are very friendly and I feel homely here.
    Diamonds are called 'woman's best friend'.
    Can anybody explain why?Also I would like to have some tips-what all points to be seen before buying diamonds.I read 4'c's-carat,cut,clarity and colour must be seen before buying.Anything other than this?
    Where can I get good 'vairathodu' in Hyderabad?
    If not in Hyderabad,where can I get the best one in Chennai? Please help...love..meena

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Hello Meena !

Since I live in Chennai, I can tell you that Bapalal is one of the most leading diamond shops in Chennai. There are 2 shops, one in Cathedral Road & the other in Nungambakkam High Road.
    Their dimond jewels have their seal ingrained in the piece. Also they give a separate bill for their diamonds, which is their guarantee. Though many shops have come up in Chennai, this is one place with the best reputation.
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

diamonds

Hi Meena,

Nice to read that u r having a whale of a time in IL, like the rest of us. I checked yr blog spot, cld not find yr artciles?? Pls guide me out.

I like diamonds, but they are not my best friends. I think the saying is just degrading to woman, casting us a high maintenance. Just as women are supposed to love chocolates, flowers, lacy lingerie- I think this is another case of stereotyping. I am sure all women like pretty things, but not to this extent. Laxmi ran a weekly poll in IL, on a very similar topic and diamonds fared badly as a woman's best friend.

I think u have all the 4Cs covered in buying diamonds. Another 'C' I would add is that they should be 'conflict free' diamonds. That is ot those coming from war torn countries like Sierra Leone where diamonds are used to fund the war. In earlier days, we used to check 'dosham' in diamonds. Nowadays, they say all diamonds come flawless. So 'conflict laden' diamonds would be our modern version of 'dosham'.

Must confess I buy diamonds especially since I have lived near Surat, Belgium and South Africa. I dunno abt Hyderabad, but Shree in Chennai has good ones. Also, I love to buy from Karaikudi where sometimes you can get really excellent used ones (I feel there is no second hand as such in diamonds).

Not a very useful post, am just rambling on.

See you round.

4. meenakrishnan

meenakrishnan Bronze IL'ite

geeee great!

Hi cithra and Vidya,
    Thanks a lot for the useful informations.I just can't believe the way I am getting responses and that too so fast!I don't know any other place than IL where I can feel so cmfortable...Incredible...Cheers to the founder and administrator..
    Thanks once again..Bye meena