1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Diagonised with PCOS

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by vinu, Jun 30, 2005.

1. umasridharan

umasridharan Senior IL'ite

Re: Need help

Dear Ramya
    PCOD is very common these days. No need to worry abt it. Just take care not to put on weight. I myself is with PCOD and blessed with a baby girl five years back after a micarriage like u, after 5th month of pregnancy. Every 5th woman in the world is having this problem.

Definitely u will conceive again. wish u all the best.

regards
    uma

2. neha gill

neha gill New IL'ite

Re: pcod

hi i am diagnosed with PCOD i tried many medicines nothing worked for me now for about a month my doctor prescribed me metformin, last month my period came out to be regular, i have gained so much weight, i am looking forward for this month i hope they come on time, i will let you know if metformin helps me this month. but my doctor only prescribed it for 2 months.

3. Marikeerthi

Marikeerthi Bronze IL'ite

More confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!Please help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hello ladies,
    I have a 2 year old kid. Now i am trying to concieve for 2 nd child. Last month jan 25 th i removed my copper IUD (birth control), just after my regular menstrual cycle. This month Feb 20th is my due date, but i didnt get any bleeding, rather i got cramps in abdominal, pelvic regions, headache,hunger, fatigue,breast tendreness just for 2 days. Today i am completely alright. Everything is fine.
    I am fearing what happened to me last 2 days? Is this due to IUD removed last month or early pregnancy symptoms or something else? Please help me out regarding this.....

Thanks in advance
    Keerthi

Last edited: Feb 22, 2008
  4. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: More confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!Please help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello,
    I think this is normal because your body is adjusting back after IUD removal.
    I have read many times that it will take few months to get back to normal after you stop any contraceptive methods.
    So don't worry. If it prolongs for many months and you feel the condition is bothersome, please consult your doctors.

Regards.

5. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Mc

I have received this as a forward:

Recently this past week, Nicole Dishuk (age 31...newly graduated <TT>student with a doctoral degree about to start her new career as a </TT><TT>Doctor...) was flown into a nearby hospital, because she passed out.</TT>
    <TT>They found a blood clot in her neck, and immediately took her by helicopter </TT><TT>to the ER to operate. By the time they removed the right half of her skull </TT><TT>to relieve the pressure on her brain; the clot had spread to her brain </TT><TT>causing severe damage.</TT>
    <TT>Since last Wednesday night, she was battling... they induced her into a </TT><TT>coma to stop the blood flow, they operated 3 times... Finally, they said </TT><TT>there was nothing left that they could do... they found multiple clots in </TT><TT>the left side of her brain... the swelling wouldn't stop, and she was on </TT><TT>life support...</TT>
    <TT>She died at 4:30 yesterday. She leaves behind a husband, a 2yr old Brandon </TT><TT>and a 4yr old Justin... The CAUSE of DEATH - they found was a birth control </TT><TT>she was taking that allows you to only have your period 3 times a </TT><TT>year...They said it interrupts life's menstrual cycle, and although it is </TT><TT>FDA approved... shouldn't be - So to the women in my address book - I ask </TT><TT>you to boycott this product & deal with your period once a month - so you </TT><TT>can live the rest of the months that your life has in store for you.</TT>
    <TT>*Please send this to every woman you know - you may save someone's life... </TT><TT>Remember, you have a CYCLE for a reason! </TT><TT>The name of this new birth control pill is LYBREL . If you go to </TT><TT>Lybrel.com http://lybrel.com /, you will find atleast 26 pages of </TT><TT>information regarding this drug.</TT>
    <TT>The second birth control pill is, SEASONIQUE . If you go to the website </TT><TT>of, Seasonique.com http://seasonique.com /, you will find 43 pages of </TT><TT>information regarding this drug.</TT>
    <TT>The warnings and side effects regarding both pills are horrible. Please, </TT><TT>please forward this information to as many daughters AND sons, co-workers, </TT><TT>friends and relatives. Several lives have already been changed.</TT>

6. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: Mc

Hi Roopa,

After reading this I am shocked. What I can say more than this? Really we must not use any medicine against nature. Generally it is not advisable to take pills to postpone our menstrual circle. Many girls are doing like that. I am very afraid to use such things. As you said I will try to send this message as much as I can.

Thank you very much for sharing about such dangerous pills which is having horrible bad effects. Thank you once more for cautioning us.

Poor Nicole Dishuk she lost her life and made her family to suffer with out her.

7. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Re: Mc

Yes Krishnaamma, all the parts in our body has a pre defined function...if we tamper them there is bound to be side effects. So we should not play around with ourselves if we want to lead a good healthy life.

I too have this problem of severe bleeding for 3-4 days during my MC. Everyone adviced me to take medicines...i did and for a couple of months the bleeding did reduce but i felt something amiss even after the cycles i was feeling lot of heaviness in body and breasts...so i stopped the medication...now i suffer for 3-4 days...can't go out much but then the rest of the month i am fine.

Roopa.

8. yamusarna

yamusarna Silver IL'ite

Re: More confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!Please help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi,

Did you take pregnancy test.If not take it.
    My friend had the same symptoms like that of periods, but no bleeding and she found out she was pregnant.

So, all the best.

Regards,
    Yamuna.

9. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Your help needed; the kind hearted Tamil IL'ites...

Dear Tamil IL'ites,

A lady namely, Mrs. Anuratha sufferd from cancer. She wrote the problems one has to face being a cancer patient, in Tamil, in her blog. It is,O My, padikave uyir valikkiradhu. She keeps on writing to bring an awareness to the women community as a whole. In today's blog entry she wrote a letter to the CM, Mr. Karunanidhi, suggesting some great measures to serve her purpose.

I would like to give you 2 links;

This is her blogspot... Anuratha's blog Spot

This is the thread which was already opened about her blogspot in IL...
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/gynaecology/17076-breast-cancer-warning-dont-miss.html#post270640

Please take your time to gothrough her blog and the above thread.

She has a noble cause. If it is translated, the whole world gets to read her experiences which will bring the awareness to a great extent. If at least 50 of us come forward we can translate one post each and it will be done in hours.

I don't know what to write, my dears, more than this...

Please come forward...Let us plan after that...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2008
  10. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Re: Your help needed; the kind hearted Tamil IL'ites...

Oviya,
    You are doing a noble job. I also wanted to join, please let me know how to do the same.
    My translation knowledge-----I don't know what justice I can do to bring the original flavour---but will try with the help of others....

sriniketan