1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

DH having affair. How to confront?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by VanillaSky, Aug 31, 2013.

1. VanillaSky

VanillaSky Bronze IL'ite

My previous thread is 'between schylla and charybdis'. Now I fell into the deep blue sea, no life boat.
    I mentioned about my husband talking to his ex-crush from school. The first time I saw those smses on is phone, I was convinced it's not a normal friendship. I asked him why he was being so close with her ' i'm coming to blore nxt week'; she asks why; he says 'to see you'' are u missing me'. He was so infuriated that he asked me to leave. It was about the time I conceived my first baby,back in 2009. The smses were dated to jan1 2007. He first met her in 2005 after reunion party.
    He called me narrow-minded, and deleted her number from the phone.
    But later, she came to Mumbai for visa, her dh was abroad.my dh took her to the visa office n was with her whole day. He didn't tell his parents.
    After that whenever he went to blore, he met her, he never told me he's going to meet her. He used to mock me that I had no boyfriends even before marriage. That I have done nothing exciting.

When baby1 was 3 months old, he went on trip to Bangkok with my cousin.he went from blore.he scheduled dinner with her, he didn't mention it to me. When my cousin said it on the phone, I asked him who the friends were. He said ' manjusha' . I asked why r u meeting her? He sed line nahi mar sakTa Hun, her hubby is also coming. I felt soooo bad, I told him that. But he still went to the dinner.
    Later when I returned to ils place I saw his call log when I used his phone once, he called her first thing he went out of the house, she called him in afternoon,he called again in evening..this is not a normal friendship.

I got upset and he told me he was not talking to anyone..
    I believed him.now he is locking his phone with password.I am sure he has her pics and is in touch with her.how do I confront him?

He never holds my hands or talks to me lovingly. Never gave me a hug. He's emotionally distant. I feel we never bonded.

I'm so devastated. I am beautiful, definitely stand out in a crowd. Now he puts me down everyday u r not posh etc

2. VanillaSky

VanillaSky Bronze IL'ite

He must have complained to that beep on me. It disgusts me that he may have discussed me with her.ladies I need your advice.I never ask him to buy me anything or take me out etc. All I wanted was a loving relationship with him and this is what I get. I wish the earth opens up and gobbles me and tAkes me where I can't feel this pain..."
    This time he said "secrets are secrets no value, u r da one for me". Thats not acceptable to me. I don't want to dwell in the harem that is his heart. I want to be The queen..seems unlikely. How do I make him understand? How do I make him cut off this affair.# emotional affair

3. VanillaSky

VanillaSky Bronze IL'ite

I hope they didn't get physical. It's going to be hard to believe him now though..

4. CryingHeart

CryingHeart New IL'ite

i know thats very sad what your hubby is doing, but i feel u should try try to win him over.

1. i know u just had a baby, but thats not the reason not to look good. leave your kid with ur inlaws or parents or may be him, tell that its 'My' time, go to a parlour and treat urself with a nice facial, haircut..etc..
    2. start dressing up like a confident lady and make new friends or go out with your friends once in a while.
    3. show ur hubby that HE alone is not the center of the world.

I feel you are giving too much importance and making him the center of your world thats y he could be trying to break free..

It could be that they are just friends also, now since u r talking take of your baby, u may be feeling tied down to the house and feel he is having an affair with a friend.

i mean try try n try different things.. DONT even think of dying and all.. if not for urself, but for ur baby.

5. VanillaSky

VanillaSky Bronze IL'ite

If they are just friends, why does he hide it from me. Never mentions her calls. Does not let me touch his phone.
    He used to say things like ' u r my official gal, there will be other unofficial ones'; ' I gave u my virginity, what else do u want?' ....
    I used to take it lightly but now I get it that he means it. He was telling the truth all the time n I was sooo blind. I want to make im confess and feel sorry for it. I want slap that beep n tell her dh about this clandestine affair. Should I snatch his phone? He must have hid or deleted information by now. Only getting him off guard will work. How?

6. CryingHeart

CryingHeart New IL'ite

GOD!! u sound like a over possessive wife!!! no wonder he is hiding his cell from you!! stop being a over-bearing wife..

talk to him frankly.. tell him 'yes, u were being a little jealous of him and that lady's affair' also that if u guys cant be like hubby and wife, can u start being friends? STOP hunting for his mobile, emails.. learn to trust him..

FLIRT with ur hubby.. buy candles, sexy nighties.. after baby sleeps, put on a show for him!! relax and have a good time..

if he says ' u r my official gal, there will be other unofficial ones', then laugh along with him and say, how abt the same applying to me? how would u like it? and laugh and let him know u r also 'joking'... :)

if u r a housewife, after hubby leaves to office, and baby sleeps, get ur self a hobby.. keep ur self occupied..

if he is really having an affair, try find out what lagged from ur side.. try fixing that.. dont bug him or cry and create a scene, instead try fixing why he choose her over u..

3 people like this.
  7. VanillaSky

VanillaSky Bronze IL'ite

I think u got me wrong:bonk, honestly

3 people like this.
  8. VanillaSky

VanillaSky Bronze IL'ite

Cry heart, it's not OK to be frnds with an ex crush, is it? I wouldn't do that if I were him. How can anybody justify that?ok I'll buy the lingerie, nd go to the parlour often. I am not uneducated and I don't have time for a hobby, just started blogging though. Even before we had kids, when we had alone time, he was reclusive. He married me after a love failure(another girl). He told me after mrg and I just sed it doesn't matter to me bcoz it's over.I told him to put it behind him and that he needn't explain anything to me. But he kept her pics in his lappy...even after 2 yrs. I asked y not delete them? He sed he cudnt because she was cute. I am hurting inside and have nobody to pour my heart out. I never judge ppl in haste..

1 person likes this.
  9. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I'm sorry but that's terrible advice. OP if your husband is cheating on you, it is not because something is lacking from your side. Cheaters need no excuses. Please don't ever hold yourself responsible for another person's bad choices.

As to your issue, it is a difficult situation and I really don't have good advice to give. Perhaps achieving some emotional distance from him would be the first step. I know this is easier said than done, but don't pine for him so much. Try and engage your attention and energy elsewhere, either in bettering yourself or for the betterment of your children. Once you have the necessary emotional control, have a straight talk with him. No emotions, no crying and no begging. Ask him to join you in couples counseling if possible. Even if he doesn't agree, seeing a counselor just for yourself might not be a bad idea. It will give you a sympathetic ear to share your troubles, and tools to handle your situation.

Hope everything works out for you.

8 people like this.
  10. VanillaSky

VanillaSky Bronze IL'ite

Thank you Gauri 03, if u could please read my earlier thread' between schylla and charybdis' u'll know what I'm going through. I was only 22 when I married, may be immature to say yes to my parents' choice of groom. My academic achievements are lying wasted bcoz of relationship issues..my life would be meaningless if I don't have a loving husband. What do I come home to? Why does he complicate things? U don't need to answer my questions...I know there r no answers, just like in love