1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

DH asking back jewels on demand cos of MIL

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by icyspicy, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mihisha

Mihisha Senior IL'ite

Icy

You are right, you are in fog. You need to be away from your DH to clear things in ur mind, You need to be extremely strict with ur DH to make him sit , listen and implement.

Reading your posts makes me feel like you are constantly under huge stress and you are relaying this your posts, its as if you are on hot burning coals always..... you wud destroy ur health for sure

Why do u want a kid frm this marriage? I think u shud be heading for a split - I feel u DONT UNDERSTAND or dont want to understand what most of the people are trying to say here.....either u r really a kid or ur maturity level is v low/ u have self esteem issues...

u were working right? what happened to ur job? U need to have a job for ur sanity.... irresepctive of what is what at home.

Why cant u say NO to things u dont want to do?

Every day u have new set of small small issues but u dont sit n think abt urself as in what u r doing with ur life?

do u have friends?
    frm ujr posts, it looks like ur DH has ZERO respect and care for you! plz think practically if u want to continue in this marriage

tc
    mihisha

2. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

OK Icy you love your DH a lot like all sad wifes . Try to make a life for yourself while staying in your marriage if you want.
    Get a job or join some course , you will make friends and forget the sadness , this will also give you confidence.
    Certainly things will change when you do not hover around DH and are busy with your own life. Trust me then DH will realise the effort you were putting in the marriage. You will also be tired and go off to sleep while he watches TV.
    But no babies as yet.
    Do this and see the change in yourself and the people around you. DH will wonder where his doormat disappeared ! Then he will try to get your attention.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
  3. icyspicy

icyspicy Senior IL'ite

i am ready to take up a job...but there also mydh has a problem ...he asks me why i decided and why i didnt think of it before...if i give him reasons...hell say....r u doing it to get away from work?fine then do whatever you want...i dont find his support there also....is part time or full time good for my kind of lifestyle?

4. reshmirn

reshmirn Bronze IL'ite

He might not support..but atleast he won’t restrict you right? So go ahead. :thumbsup
    Getting away from household work? You can appoint a part time maid..(Beware: don’t mention anything abt your MIL here). Tell him that 'atleast you can do something positive and feel good when there is no one to care for you and your efforts at home'. Don't worry some day he'll realise all your efforts and come back to you.
    Are you ready to try out mailing or writing to him in detail?
    Oh..seems you'll have to manage both home and work and ILs + DH.. go for part time if that suits..

Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
  5. RadiantCat

RadiantCat Gold IL'ite

Icy, all of us in this forum are trying to help you genuinely. You are only 24. Don't ruin yourself in this emotional mess and persistent confusion. First get clarity of mind. Work, husband, in-laws are secondary. The primary and the core is your self. The self is the root for what we are. If the root is deep and strong, the tree bears the brunt of any weather. If you are like a weed, you will get swept by any type of weather and you will rot. Think how you want to be, and then you decide on how you want to live and shape your life.

Icy, parents, siblings, spouse, inlaws, children friends and the plethora of people whom we meet in our life just come and go. We have a duty towards ourselves until we die. Please fulfill that duty and then think about how to please the rest.

6. flowerlady

Dear Icy tell your DH that you want to work partime first and start looking for a job.
    Dont try to get his support, he may not like you making friends and working . Mil too may try her best to stop you but fear not !
    Once you take charge of your life things will change for the better. Try it.
    But you must be firm with your decision and manage things. Everything is possible .
    Just take the first step with confidence and be happy.

7. icyspicy

icyspicy Senior IL'ite

Thanks for all ur support and suggesstions ...yes i am reayd to mail him and talk to him abt this situation....i want to let u know what happened today....my dh and his paretns went for sum immigration work at 6 pm and returned by 11 pm....till then my mils brother had come over jst 5 minutes before they arrived...i asked tht relative if he needed sumthing or shld i make dinner for him...he refused and didnt want anything...then my inlws arrived and as soon as she entered she told me to ask her bother if he needed sumthing food ...i said i already did...then she told me to go and cook for him for night....i said ok and went to kitchen to make moong dal....she saw the quantity and screamed "oh so much who will eat !"...i said for tomorrow also i will make cos dh lovesthis curry

8. contented

contented Senior IL'ite

Dear IcySpicy,

I have been reading all your threads and all the replies of the ladies out here. There have been times when I have also felt you are acting immature etc, but I also feel that it is circumstances that is making you act like this. Since I didnt have anything of additional value to add, I didnt write anything.

Now when I saw your last post, I just felt like writing to you. I dont know if you will answer my queries or read whatever I wrote. Anyway I just want to ask you, my dear , I am just trying to understand what were you trying to convey in your last post? Did you feel hurt by what your MIL said or Did you feel irritated with your mil's brother? Or did you post this here just to vent out your emotions?

When we dislike a person so much, even good things they say or even if they open their mouth, we will take it in a bad sense. It has happened to me also in the past when I was newly married. But with time, I learnt that we have to learn the art of ignoring/ brushing aside stuff that dont matter. If my MIL told me "oh, so much who will eat?" , I wouldnt even bother to answer. I am not saying that you have to be rude or that you have to disrespect her. All I am saying is learn to let go of all these small small things, because ultimately only your health and mental peace will get affected.

You know another thing which might help you. Show your MIL that you dont get bugged by what she does... show her that you are not getting the least bit affected by anything she does... Just do all your work / housework promptly,neatly , listen to music, read books, have a smile on your face and project confidence and surround yourself with positive energy... Even your DH will be happy to see the change in you.

9. flowerlady

Icy I agree with Contended , pick your battles !
    Learn to ignore. When one lives with people then there are plenty of things that are said , why take offence all the time ?
    ILs and DH will not be praising you all the time , maybe your parents did and spoilt you rotten.
    Chill.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2010
  10. icyspicy

icyspicy Senior IL'ite

sorry i could not complete my previous post.....when i told mil tht i wouldmake dal fo every one for next days lunch she refused and also told tht her son also will not eat dal from now on....she said "i only have to worry abt everyones health so my son will not eat dal from now on"...then my dh came to the kitchen and told the same thing .....i got upset cos till for 5 months this was his favourite dish n i make it on weekends for him....now suddenly he refusing it made me upset...i went to the room and talked to him why is he doing it ....i got angry and irritted....he as usuas kept replying ....u r mistaken i didnt say anything....cos of too much pressure and tension i was aloof didnt feel like talking to him straight onthe face....today morning i got up early to do what my mil expected ..."work"....she asked me to make 2 disjed and fry egg....and then wash all the dishes ...i did it ...i was unhappy but jst did it like a robot....my dh kept comingto the room which was kind of unusual...and wante ot play with me ....i refused to play with him (play in the sense he wanted to come near me playfully and touch me )....i was not in the mood and was very frustrated ...i told him i need some time ans asked him to step back,....he was trying to force himself on me ....5-6b times he tried doing it today ...then finally we decided to go for a walk after dinner ...i thought of talking to him at tht time...i tried but he kept silent ....i was asking him y he isent replying but he didnt reply...when we were approiaching our house he asked me to cross the road...i kept silent twice....then he just caught my had and forcefully pulled me to cross it....he was fuming and when i nthe lift he banged it inside and called me bad name....he was furious cos i didnt allow him to touch me....he stormed into the room and stromed out cos his parents were sitting in the hall.....after tht he took his mom outside and still now he hasent returned.....i dont know what to do...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.