1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

dh and his foreigner colleagues..

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by headspin, Jun 23, 2013.

1. headspin

headspin Bronze IL'ite

Hi friends, back after a hiatus. Something bothering me.
    Hubby had this american business colleague.. a guy 28 yrs old. Dh is 32. Dh knows him from last 2yrs. Last yr he decided to partner with thisamerican guy to start up some otherbusiness. After much planning, they started off 6 months back. This american stays 2 months in india and 2 months in USA alternatively. He is a bachelor with typical attitude of partying and drinking every alternate day.

So in april this american came down to india and stayed with us only. On and off trips to various parts of india in between. Also, they hired another contractor lady from europe to work for them. So needless to say dh has been busy big time with the american 24 hrs tagging along, unless he is not in city. If that was not enuf, dh even goes out with him to pubs, etc.. weekdays and weekends. This european lady came a month back and was staying in an accomodationseparately. But all 3 of them.. dh, american and european go to work together and with each other from 9 am to 11 pm.. yes, they back late night every day. So zero privacy or time me/ds get with dh. Plus we are a joint family.

So the american and european and leaving today to their countries.. american will be back after 3 months. European lady no, as a contractor. I was pretty miffed with dh due to busy schedules.. but he always says work, money, etc etc. I thought ok, and dint trouble him much. Yesterday wasthe send off party which lasted from 11 pm to 5 am. Im super duper pisd. Dh did not even invite me. Nevertaken me along with the foreigners in last 2 months.

As if that was not enuf, this morning whilechecking his wallet i recovered bills for various places.. all drinks consecutively for 3-4 days. Im even more pisd now that he lied to me abt being at work, while they were out drinking. This morning, dh and european came home at 5 am and american at 5.30 am. Shocked me even more and left me wondering.. was dh with the european lady all night?? If not, why did the american come separately and they came before.im dumbstruck and angry and upsert and hurt...

Am i missing something obvious..??is he cheating me? Though i never doubted him before, but 1uite naturally im possessive and feel jealous that he spends atleast 12 hrs with them. While dh and i havent been out of the house in last 2 months

What do u guys think??? Ican ask him,but he will not wake up till next 5 hrs. Suspenseis killing me...

2. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Maybe your husband was the gentleman and made sure she got home ok and maybe the other guy was with someone.

Please don't be assuming that anything went on although I have to wonder how he got in business with folks that were such heavy drinkers/party-ers. Also they seem to have false ideas about Indian culture. Maybe he should clue them in.

3. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Don't worry , your DH will say that it was a working lunch, dinner ,pubbing, all three were discussing business all the time.
    There are plenty of places which are open 24 hours like 5 star hotels and restaurants.

4. sacredbell

sacredbell Silver IL'ite

Control your thoughts...Do not assume...It would spoil the day...It would spoil the relationships too...

On the other hand, If you need privacy and want to spend quality time with your DH, Please discuss it with him. ..Do not blame him..Tell him to arrange a separate accomodation for his Partner from next time onwards so that they will have the freedom to do whatever they want ..Your husband shall not need to accompany him every night ..

1 person likes this.
  5. ilovesai

ilovesai Silver IL'ite

No, its definitely wrong. You have to talk to your DH and stop him from staying late night, boozing and stuff.. He has lied to you saying he was at work and he had been boozing and partying last 3 days. Its a clear sign that he cheated you. Its wrong of him to stay with this European lady all night and come back in the morning. I won't really accept this. Please put an end to all this by talking to your DH.. Or give him the taste of his own medicine.. He knows for sure, his wife will always be there for him irrespective of where he roams, drinks, parties or doesn't come home. Show him that you will leave if he continues doing it.. Be Strong. Put an end to it.

2 people like this.
  6. IndianFunTube

IndianFunTube New IL'ite

1 person likes this.
  7. RadiantFlower

RadiantFlower Platinum IL'ite

As the saying goes, "if it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is.....a duck."

3 people like this.
  8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Headspin,

I can understand business sometimes keep people busy for 12-14 hours a day. But nothing prevents him from explaining everything to you rather than responding that it is all business. Americans and Europeans have tendency to drink every evening but they know how to limit drinking. You have to makes sure your husband knows his limits and drink sensibly. Why don't you demand a quality time with him right after they leave to discuss the following:

1) Understand more about what keeps him so busy

2) Why an American and European are the best suited for his business

3) Why they can't stay on their own in a different accommodation

4) What is the reason for 3-4 days of drinking sessions?

5) Who is doing what and why are they traveling so much if it is a new business?

6) Their background and experience in the business

7) What type of investment each one is making and how much your husband has invested

8) How long it would take for the business to pick up and what stage the business is now?

9) Do they have other employees and how long your husband needs to work for long hours?

He has to answer these questions to his spouse as this line of questioning is not suspecting his character.

Viswa

3 people like this.
  9. steve

steve Platinum IL'ite

What Viswa says is right.

Also some younger single people in the US do splurge including involving themselves in binge drinking. Especially when they come to third world countries and see the (almost) royal reception at pubs and hotels they kinda lose their way. I have seen it first hand when I traveled with my teams to South America, India and other countries.

The drinking that you describe does sound excessive and maybe your hubby is a great host and maybe going overboard entertaining his business associates. It's possible that he lied because he knows that you disapprove. I am not condoning it but people tell such lies without feeling any great guilt.

You should surely ask the kind of questions above and ascertain for yourself how important these business associates are for your hubby's business and whether they deserve this kind of attention for the value they provide to the business. That will give you a grip on figuring things out properly.

10. beingloved

beingloved Gold IL'ite

Don't speculate much but define the do & dont's of your married relationship with him. Let him know about your displeasure and discuss with him what can be done in this situation.

Try to understand his POV before reaching at a conclusion

1 person likes this.