1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Details about Contraceptive Pills

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by JuhiAgarwal, Dec 1, 2009.

1. shanthi007

shanthi007 New IL'ite

Contraceptive advice pls,.....

Hi all,

I got married last month,....both of us are 25 years old,....we want to start a family only after 3/4 years,..
    I do not want to take pills because of the side effects,... weight gain etc and i dont want to play with my hormaones at this stage,...

We use condoms now but i want to know whether its 100% safe against pregnancy,...We always check the date and use it properly but im still worried cos the packet says 98% safe? why is that?

I need advise from married ILs regarding these,.... if there is anyone using the method successfully please reply....

Since we are young and not very stable financially I do not want to fall pregnant until im ready,....Also why do some ppl use the pill and the condom together?

please reply waiting to answer,... if there are any medical practitioners pls reply.

2. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Re: Contraceptive advice pls,.....

Please consult a Gynaecologist.

3. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

No contraceptive is 100% safe. People combine pill and condom to increase their protection factor. You should consult a gynacologist regarding what suits you the best.

4. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

That is a very interesting and practical question. Here are the reasons why there is a mention that condoms are only 98 % safe :

The words of condom use success is, "correctly and consistently".

There are people who do not use condoms correctly. The tip of the condom contains a teat like structure. While applying, it should be held between thumb and one finger in such a way that the air trapped inside the teat is pushed out (while applying). After application, the teat at the tip should be empty. There should be no air trapped in it. If air is trapped , then, it is a weak area , vulnerable for condom rupture. It should then be removed and a new one worn.

Second, while taking it off, no seminal fluid should spill over the vagina.

Only one condom should be used at a time. There are people who use double condom at the same time, thinking that it offers double security. This will lead to more friction between plastic and plastic and will lead to condom rupture.

One more problem with condom can be dryness. Some women complain of discomfort / dryness with condom use. In such cases, the man, can apply water soluble lubricants on the outside of the condom. Few drops of K-Y Lubricating Jelly will help.

The above is called, "correct" use.

What is meant by 'consisten' use ? There are couple who do not use condoms, every time they make love. They use sometimes and sometimes not, depending upon the so-called safety period. Every woman is bound to undergo, different menstrual cycles, namely 30 days one, 45 days one and 60 days one, for no reasons. Hence, it is impossible to predict which is safe and which is unsafe period. Condom failure's main reason is because, people use it only on some days and some days they do not use it.

If condoms are cosisitently (every time, you make love), irrespective of whatever day of the cyle you are in....................and also if you and your man are using it correctly.............then condoms are 100 % safe. No doubt. The 2 % failure rate is to account for the above said reasons.

Dont get scared at all. Condoms are the best known contraceptives. Go ahead with it.

1 person likes this.