1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Despicable Me - Cultivating Self-compassion

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by HappyBunny, Aug 6, 2018.

1. HappyBunny

HappyBunny Silver IL'ite

Yesterday - Started decluttering. Decided to spend 15 min/day. In 3 months, I will have a clean house. :expressionless: It's a start.

SinghManisha, kaniths, Laks09 and 2 others like this.
  2. HappyBunny

HappyBunny Silver IL'ite

Been wanting to try a recipe for a while now. Did not do it because I assumed that no one else would like it.
    Made it today because I felt I shouldn't worry about others so much.
    Everyone else liked it except me.

anika987, SinghManisha and Laks09 like this.
  3. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

hahaha ... good one! IF you are making everyone at home running scared, you have achieved a lot. :clapclap:

4. HappyBunny

HappyBunny Silver IL'ite

Pity, I think.

5. HappyBunny

HappyBunny Silver IL'ite

Something happened today that put me in an awkward position. Normally, I would have been disproportionately embarrassed, defensive, miserable.
    I kept waiting for the inner drama queen to emerge but with other things on my mind, I kept forgetting that this even happened. Finally realized that I was not going to go through the motions of being upset and mentally prepared a snippy response if ever asked about it (no one is going to ask!) and decided to forget about it.

I wish to have this perspective always.

6. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

Next time you plan to be too harsh on yourself remember that all of us are imperfect ! Our imperfections make us unique and interesting .

Amica, anika987 and HappyBunny like this.
  7. HappyBunny

HappyBunny Silver IL'ite

It's been a difficult day. I could not concentrate on anything. Went to the 'feel like sh*t' link given by Gauri and cleaned for a while. Made some calls that I have been putting off.
    I have nothing to show for today but I am not beating myself up, that's something. Some days just need to end.

8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Discrimination is an essential element for personal growth and development. Punishing ourselves or developing thoughts that spit on our past actions affects our future growth. Guilt is the root cause for depression and feeling the lowest level of self-worth. Distancing ourselves from our past bad thoughts, words and actions is the best way to regain the self-confidence. Overcoming guilt is an art and a science that involves some creativity and some rational processes to experiment with peace.

Our life is a precious gift and we don't want to wrap this gift with dirty wrapper called guilt. Everyone of us erred in order to have this birth but the spark of consciousness in us looks for redemption from all our past actions. The belief that every good action we do now erases our bad behavior in the past. We are here to learn how to live life peacefully and happily and in that race, guilt is the obstacle that we need to jump over in order to reach our goal. Guilt is not the destination but it comes and goes as we have a clear intent to progress further. Sometimes, root cause of the emotion called guilt is not even our bad thoughts, words and actions. It is just an overwhelming emotion that has no value. It is like tripping and falling and getting back up to run the race.

Viswa

9. HappyBunny

HappyBunny Silver IL'ite

I went to an Asian market. It's a wonderland for me. I love going there and staring at stuff I don't understand how to use.
    I found tiny white eggplants and bought them.

10. HappyBunny

HappyBunny Silver IL'ite

Thanks. Guilt is what I have unfortunately built my life around.
    I do everything I do due to guilt. If not for it, I might not even get out of bed. It is so ingrained. I know it is pathetic and I am trying to get out of it.