1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Depressed, guilt ridden and confused?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by leftpost, Jun 25, 2014.

1. leftpost

leftpost Senior IL'ite

Exactly RedRuby, she blurted out so much in front of her own son. She plainly refused to acknowledge her previous violent/charging attack on me which pissed my DH more. On the top of that she threatened him to prep one her tickets as she cannot take more.

This made DH go mad over her and he finally sent them back. I felt bad for my FIL though, but he suffered because of her.

2. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

OP- Your parents raised with love not to be abused by some crazy woman even if she is your MIL. You wanted to start your marriage on a positive note by building good relationship with your IL's and that is commendable.

However, once you saw that your MIL is crazy and vicious, you should have backed off. But I am glad finally you realized that. No- raising your voice against your crazy MIL is not wrong. You are lucky that your husband is aware of his mother's craziness.

Put her out of you thoughts and enjoy your life. Don't bring up his mother with your husband. Let them have whatever relationship they want but you maintain your distance.

3. bluebanana

bluebanana Bronze IL'ite

Why do u think you were wrong??? Just White hair or mil status are not the signs of maturity. She should also behave in a decent manner in order to gain respect.