1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Democracy down the drain...is it?????

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by muzna, Nov 15, 2009.

1. muzna

muzna Silver IL'ite

Where is our Democratic system leading to?
    We are supposed to be the largest democracy, but why are the politicians trying to make it the most corrupt too?

The new CM of Maharashtra takes the cake. We have seen pics of politicians distributing money and caught on camera. But he announced five lakh each for the three villages which gave him the most votes. Though he says it is for the developmental purposes, but did nobody tell him that this is a blatant bribe.

Moreover being the CM, did nobody tell him that he is now supposed to look after the whole of the state and rise above being just an MLA....i.e. just looking after his own constituency.

But finally the truth will be seen in the next elections, if he is elected again, then we deserve these type only.

Can we all rise up to the demands of our democracy and save it .What we do today will be our legacy for our children too. Lets think this way , coz this will only save our country and our future too.

JAI HIND!!!!

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

muzna dearie,

Democracy, what is that...i am not sure we understand the meaning of the word until we want to sling mud, spit on the public,making the public properties toilets..

little would have the the makers of the constitution of India realise how the meaning would refract later..

you have a home minister, who made such casual comments about war, incidently the same incident was used to remove him from his chief minister's post.

now we have another ex-cm, taking the drama route of not feelinge well, then later refusing the accusations and now accusing that he was framed.

Let him start by taking care of his constituency yaar..forget the state.

buddy, let me stop..

3. manjulapathy

manjulapathy Senior IL'ite

Dear Muzna!
    you rightly said. Politicians can really get away with murder. It can happen only in India!
    Recently I read our great karnataka CM spent 35 lakhs for redoing his bedroom!!:shock: This is how it goes (thanks to TOI)
    bedroom fittings 35 lakh
    2nd BR 15 lakh,
    toilet refurbishing 10 lakh,
    marble flooring 20 lakh,
    false ceiling and marble designs 4 lakh
    so on the whole total 1.7 crore for renovation. Just a month back in october there was a big hue and cry about launching austerity method. when it comes to India evrything is a big joke!!
    manjula
    Manjula

4. manjulapathy

5. manjulapathy

sorry It was posted twice by mistake . So i had to delete this
    manjula

6. manjulapathy

sorry. It was posted twice (I really dont know how it happend!!!):hide:

7. muzna

muzna Silver IL'ite

Dear Shanvy
    Thanks for leaving an elaborate fb.
    Its right that we as a nation have come to a point where we feel that we should leave all, and let it happen as it is going. But still when I sit back after reading or hearing these incidents , my first thought is how can I make a difference. At this moment, due to small children, who need my full attention, I am doing what ever little is possible. By talking to others, trying to make people aware of their rights, and duties too.
    As a citizen of a democracy, I feel this is also a part of our duty to clean up what ever way we can. Others will not come over and clean our house.

8. muzna

muzna Silver IL'ite

Dear Manjula
    Thanks for visiting and leaving an fb.
    What you wrote is true, they spend so much of money on these things, but you know what happens. These bills are inflated, and include the CUT for the politician too.
    As they pass the bills themselves, they do it easily.
    These things come out in the open only when some opposing guy gets the news and leaks it. Just like the mining case going on nowdays, which came out in the open by a hacker, who was hired by the one's who gave money but their work was not done.
    Thus this is a pit, where all goes in...it is rightly said that there is enough for everyone's need , but not for anybody's greed.

9. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Muzna,
    That was really an eye-opening blog. What the CM did was outright bribery though it was clothed in "development" bulls***.
    Ultimately we get what we deserve. We tend to elect those who give the maximum freebies. We tend to choose those who are ready to destroy our future and give it to us as free TVs, cash in the present.
    Only people deserve statesmen. We as a species deserve only politicians.
    Well written, muzna. Your blog was like a chilly, small and yet really hot. Good work.
    regards,
    sridhar

10. PreethiArun66

PreethiArun66 Senior IL'ite

Only when the word BRIBE is erased from Indian History book we can talk about democracy and stuff