Delhi-The Mall-ed City

Discussion in 'Delhi' started by GarghKavita, Aug 25, 2009.

1. GarghKavita

GarghKavita New IL'ite

Delhi is fast turning into a mall-ed city from the walled city it used to be. No matter where you go in this city, you will find a huge mall to rest your eyes and cool down. I just don't understand how all of these malls get enough customers every day to stay in business.

Do you enjoy shopping there? Or you are like me who still likes the dirty streets of Karol Bagh and Sarojini Nagar for shopping?

2. shefalisingh

shefalisingh Senior IL'ite

Sure, there are malls all over Delhi. Everyone likes the air conditioned environs of malls but, Delhi is also a price-conscious city.When it comes to daily goods, or every day wear Delhites make a bee line for Sarojini Nagar or the local market.

3. bappika007

bappika007 Senior IL'ite

It is really true that Delhi is a malled city... well I always choose CTC plaza for garments... mostly in the festival and party times..

Marriages are made in heaven but heavenly brides are dressed from CTC Plaza.

This popular store stocks in enormous range of heavily embellished saree, salwar kameez and lehengas best suited for bridal wear.

But it feels nice to be in a malled city..

4. HarleenSethi

HarleenSethi New IL'ite

Malls are a great favourite with the younger generation. They love the air conditioned environs and the fact that there are plenty of public places where you can sit and see the world go by...
    However, the majority of the stalls in the malls have goods beyond the average middle class. The only store which are crowded are the ones selling household articles.
    In general, Delhites still prefer their neighbourhood stores. There are no parking hassels, there is a wide variety, you can even discuss the weather and most even have free-home-delivery to boot. It is Sarojini Nagar and Lajpat Nagar for me.

5. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Haven't been to all parts of Delhi. But I loved shopping in the streets of Karol Bagh.
    After reading the other feedbacks, wish to visit Sarojini Nagar too the next time:hiya