1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Delhi-Comedy story imitating mani Rathnam's Bombay-Part 3

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Tamildownunder, Sep 22, 2007.

1. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

P.K.opens the door and finds the hooligans who had come earlier have come back. But, he is shocked to see them holding another sardarji.

H1 (Hooligan1): Saabji, hum isko aapka ghar ke baahar pakade the. isko maarne gaye the tho dekha yeh tamil bholtha hai. (Sir, we caught him just outside your door. When we went to beat him he started talking in Tamil).

P.K: Humko nai maloom. Sardarji Tamil bhola tho kya hua? Idar bahut sardarji aathe jaathe hain. ( We don't know. What if a sardarji speaks tamil. Here lot of sardarjis come and go).

Paaru (beating her head and says in Tamil so that hooligans don't follow): "Ayyo, ippo than oru sardarji maathiriyana muruganauku adaikalam koduthoruku. Avanoda dhadi pagadi kooda eduka mudiyalai. Neenga enna enga appan kuthirukulle illai nu avanai kaati kodupel pola iruke' ( Just now a Murugan looking like sardarji has taken asylum in our house and even his beard and turban could not be removed and you may hand over him to them).

H2: maaji, hum ko tamil nai aatha.

P.K: Hey, what is this first you call her respectfully maaji than you call her without respect as aatha? (aatha in Tamil means mother).

H1: Chodiye, saab. Abhi bholiye yeh sardarji ko kya karenge hum log? (Leave it, sir. Now tell us what we should do with this sardarji).

The sardarji in their hold recovers and speaks. He says,' Dad, don't you recognise me I am Raghavan, your son'.

P.K: Ada Rama!

Raghavan: Not Raman, but Raghavan your son.

P.K: Ada Raghava, how did you become a sardarji?

Raghavan: Dad, you know that I am having beard already as I am planning to go to Sabari Malai. Today when I was coming from office this riot had started and one sardarji to esacpe from the hooligans removed his turban and threw it which landed straight on my head and before I could remove it these people started chasing me and just I had reached our door they caught me.

H1: Tho yeh such much aap ka beta hai? (So, he is really your son?)

P.K (with tears): Haan, yeh mera ek loutha beta hai. (Yes, he is my only son). There is silence for some time. P.K. is surprised at why the silence. he sees H1, H2, H3...... H10 all weeping.

P.K: Are bhai, mein roya tho teek hai kyon ke Raghavan mera ek mathra beta hai. Aap log kyon ro rahe hain? ( O, brother I am crying since Raghavan is my only son. But, why are you weeping?).

H1 (wiping tears): Saab, aap ka tho ek hi beta hai aur woh bhi sardarji bhan gaya. Aap ka haalath dek ke hum ko rhona aagaya. (sir, you have only one son and he also has turned into a sardarji. We cry seeing your condition).

Here, I have to digress and explain to the readers that sardarjis were not born sardarjis. In earlier days, in Punjabi Hindu families the eldest son will be converted into a sardarji.

The hooligans leave after apologising to P.K.

P.K: What I will say, Raghava? Last few hours we are having a heavy traffic of sardarjis and the hooligans.

Raghavan laughs.

P.K: Why are you laughing?

Raghavan: Dad, your name is Punjabakesan and if you look at the meaning it means sardarji. Sardarjis are from Punjab and they have long hair so they are also Punjabakesans. There is no wonder that sardarjis are taking asylum in our house.

P.K: Anyhow, at last some peace has returned. He heaves a sigh of releif which is short-lived again. From inside his daughter's room Murugan's singing is heard.

Poovukenna pootu kaatrukenna rootu
    Gulla gulla hulla gulla
    Vaanum mannum yaaruku neeyum naanum yaruku
    Gulla gulla hulla gulla

The same song is sung by P.K's daughter in Hindi

Kuchh bhi no socho khush hoke bolo
    Gulla gulla hulla gulla
    Aane waala ayega roke na ruk paayega
    Gulla gulla hulla gulla

To be continued....

ritz1 likes this.

2. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

hahhahha,
    TDU sir kalakareenga.:2thumbsup: i enjoyed the whole serial,eagerly waiting to read other parts also.:-D
    especially the translation is very nice,gr8 punjabakesan :rotfl

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi raman sir.................

Humbi ab gayenge hulla gullaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:rotfl

4. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

Dear TDU sir,

Great Comedy. Thank you for the translations. I really appreciate it since, I am clueless with the languages.

5. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Thank you Vivbas, Shanti and madhu 11 for your great words of aprreciation of the comedy. I hope I would br able to live upto your expectations in the reamining parts.

Regards,

TDU

6. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

TDU sir,
    I enjoyed reading the 3rd episode. Good comedy!