1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Delhi- Comedy story imitating Mani Rathnam's Bombay- Part 2

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Tamildownunder, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

P.K: O, Bhundar singh, What are you doing inside?.

P.K's daughter (opening the door): Dad, he is Inder Singh and not Bhundar Singh.

P.K: Both are same only to me. What is he doing inside. Look, mandar Singh, I gave you asylum to protect you from those hooligans. But, here you are singing loudly. What if they hear and come back?

Paaru: if they hear him singing they will run away, ha ha ha.

P.K: O.K, now your parents will be worried about you. So, ring them and say that you are coming shortly.

P.K's daughter: But, dad how will Inder go outside? If they spot him they will kill him.

P.K: They will spot him because of his dhadi and turban. If he removes both....

P.K's daughter: If he removes them he will look very handsome. But, to remove them you require some hand. Ha ha ha.

Inder rings up his parents who agree that he can remove the turban and dhadi.

P.K: Look Jundar Singh, we say 'Thalaiku vanthathu thalaipa voda pochu' (The danger to the head went with the turban) which has come true in your case. ha ha ha.

So, Inder loses his turban and dhadi.

P.K's daughter: Inder now looks like Kabir Bedi.

P.K: Don't mention about him. We lost the series in England because of him.

P.K's daughter: Dad, that is Bishen Bedi. I told about actor Kabir Bedi.

P.K: O.K. O.K. get going Ginjar Singh, your parents will be searching.

Inder Singh leaves and P.K. heaves a sigh of releif which is again short-lived as he hears knockings on the door.

P.K: O!, this hooligans are again back. I am going to call the police.

Meanwhile P.K's daughter opens the door and another sardarji boy enters in a hurry.

P.K: Hey, What is happening? 'Kathi poi vaal vanthathu dum dum' (This is a Tamil phrase for repeat performances). What is your name? Runvir singh? The way you are running if I were your parents I would have named you that.

P.K's daughter: Dad, this is no time for jokes. Poor fellow, see how he is gasping.

Boy: Uncle, I am not a sardarji. I am Tamil. My name is Murugan.

P.K: What? You are not a sardarji. Then why this dhadi and turban?

Boy: Uncle, I was acting in a drama in which I come as a sardarji. When riots broke out every one took off in different directions. I could not remove my make-up which is stuck-up and when I came out, some goondas started chasing me. Round the corner of this street I met a clean shaven boy who told about your house.

P.K: What did he say?

Boy: He said in the house there is a beautiful girl is there, she sings well and she may even dance with you.

P.K: Ada paavi, he did not say anything about me?

Boy: Haan, he said there is a bhuddu uncle there who will remove your dhadi and turban.

Right at that time there are frantic knockings on the door again.

P.K: Ada Rama, ithu enna oruthar maathi oruthara dhadi vaalas vanthindiruka (what is this? one after another persons with dhadi are coming to my house). He opens the door and there the hooligans who came first are standing.

To be continued....

2. slp807

slp807 Bronze IL'ite

TDU sir,

enjoyed 2nd part!!!

keep gng Sir........

3. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

TDU sir,

Enjoyed the second part also. PK is really funny character. Keep posting.:)

4. Tamildownunder

Thanks slp807 and madhu11 for your appreciations.

Regards,

TDU

5. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

TDU Sir,

PK is all crossed up with names - very funny man. I am wondering whether PK's daughter will fall for the first sardarji or the Tamil boy!

6. Tamildownunder

Dear Nivedi,

This is a pure comedy and wait for more comic twists and turns. As I have said in the title, this is an imitation of Mani Ratnama's Bombay. In Bombay, a Hindu man (Arvind Swamy) falls for a Muslim girl (Manisha Koirala) and they move to Bombay and get caught in the riots. Here, the sardarji boy meets tha Tamil girl in her house amidst the Delhi riots. I want to make it a riot of comedy.

Regards,

TDU

7. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

TDU sir,
    I like the PK character, which is very funny. Enjoyed reading. I like the hindi and tamil combo dialogues.
    Nivedi,
    I think the girl will like the sardarji.

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi raman sir............

in the time of toilet humour....clean comedy is like a breath of fresh air.... and i still laughing.....

9. Tamildownunder

Hi, Sindhuja

Thanks for your appreciation of PK character. To tell you frankly, I imagine myself to be P.K and I myself am enjoying the comedy the way it has developed.

Regards,

TDU

10. Tamildownunder

Dear Shanti,

My friend has commented that it is tough to make others laugh and I really have a great feeling of achievement when I read that you are still laughing. Thanks a lot for reading the comedy and posting your response.

Regards,

TDU