1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Delay in periods!

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by EbeGlori, Jun 8, 2010.

1. EbeGlori

EbeGlori New IL'ite

:drowningMy period got missed this month... I am single and unmarried. I have little knowledge about pregnancy. Though there might be various reasons for period getting missed out like stress, sudden change in food intake or sleep timing, I am worried meaningless. Can anyone please suggest a good lady doctor in Chennai.

I have seen in films , a girl might have got raped unconsciously .. Oh no I can't stop imagining to such worst extents.

Someone please help me clarifying my below doubts..

1. Missed period is the symptom for pregnancy only?
    2. Apart from missed periods , for the past two days I am having an aquatic pain in my stomach, also, frequent urine passing. But this is happening only for last two days.

Friends please help me getting out of this fear. I feel shy and shamed to discuss this with my mom or office colleagues. I don't even have a boy friend.

Awaiting a quick reply / help from you.

2. ramvino

ramvino Platinum IL'ite

hey freind,
    dont feel bad and dont be tension abt this missing of the period...i think you can go to Doctor for some nice advice and may be some urinary infection or something else??

3. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi EbeGlori,
    First relax.
    How long you are missing your periods? Do your have regular or irregular periods?
    Are you stress out or in tension or depressed with any stuffs in this month? Have your weight increased suddenly? All the plays part with your periods!

Missing periods doesn't mean you are pregnant straight away. relax. Don't hit the panic button if you didn't do anything wrong. Wait for few more days. If you didn't get periods for more than a week, meet a gynec!

4. kAlyaniShAnti

kAlyaniShAnti IL Hall of Fame

Stop worrying, Dear Friend, otherwise you are adding up to your problem only!

As you know rightly, it may be because of under nourishment, anemia, anxiety or some ailment! The doc is the only right person to detect the problem. Visit a gynec asap.

Drop the completely the irrelevant thought of pregnancy.

Take care.

5. EbeGlori

EbeGlori New IL'ite

Thanks a lot for all your reply...

I am little out of my worry now.

Vasu,

As Your residence is reflecting as Chennai , can you please help me out identifying a good lady doctor here.

As you asked, I always have regular periods. Never missed periods as my knowledge goes.. I missed the last month cycle and the next cycle be close to 20th of this month..

I know my worry is purely not sensible, Let me consult a doctor this weekend.

Anybody whose suggestion on genuine lady doctor in chennai is welcome.

Thanks!!

6. suria

suria Silver IL'ite

hi,
    as you have asked for a gyane doc. am a chennalite,iwould refer you doc.manu,guna hospitals,pondy bazzar,opp.subhiksha in pondy bazzar!gud doc!!!

hope info was helpful!!:thumbsup

7. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

8. sweety17

sweety17 Gold IL'ite

EbeGlori,

You have mentioned that you are single with no boyfren, then why are you scared of telling your mom??!!

You shud be scared only whn you have a boyfren :wink:

So cheerup and talk to your mom,tell her the problem and say your frens have suggested a good doc and you wud like her to accompany you....simple isint it??

Good Luck!!

9. Asmaa

Asmaa New IL'ite

Hey Dear

Sounds really kiddish.. Whats there to worry ?? Missing periods is not the only sign for pregancy.

Regarding gynec, my vote is for Sundaram Medical Foundation. Service is too good.

Good Luck and Cheer Up!!

Asmaa

10. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame