1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Delay in Passport renewals

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by Sriniketan, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Malathy,
    Thank you for the information. My son's passport is a US passport. If your friend got it in 2 weeks, it gives my hope of planning to go over to India, without tension. I will let you know when i got the renewed passport. Thanks once again.
    Srinketan

2. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Friends,
    My husband had submitted his passport for renewal 3 weeks back in NY consulate.Its registered and still in processing phase.It gets expired december end.but he is in desparate need now.is there any to fasten the process?Talking to them is waste as they just give the status of the passport.

TIA.

3. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

I was going thru all the above posts and realized late that these were 2 yr old posts except for the last one!

Supriya,

The delays are usually because they must be awaiting clearance from your husband's current passport issuing authority (like the concerned passport offices in India, or if its issued abroad, the issuing consulates/embassies). To get clearance from few RPOs in India and most consulates takes a long while. Even if you are willing to pay the process expedition fee, they cannot issue the passport without the clearance. Just wait for few more days and see!

If the delay is coz of the clearance issue, check with the consulate and see if you can get any case#. Then contact the previous passport issuing authority and try to expediate the clearance process from their end. That is the better work around.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2009