Dedicated to all who love their grandparents and truly care for them!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by gayathrivijay12, Mar 27, 2012.

1. gayathrivijay12

gayathrivijay12 Gold IL'ite

Dear Shyamala,

Thank you for stepping in...Each time I come across this snippet I just go back with tears & memories... The concept of nuclear family is just depriving children of that beautiful bonding which they would ve shared with their grand parents...
    It feels good to see that many people cherish their bond with thier GP like me... Thanks for sharing in your cute nephew's love...God bless all..

2. gayathrivijay12

Dear Viji maam,

It feels really special to get a fb from you.. Thank you so much for your kind words...Whenver I see a child holding his/her grandparent and walk I feel heavy and miss my grandma terribly...The love and attention which she showered on us can be sang about for decades!

How sweet of you...Whenever my grandma gets angry she too does the same thing and I used to dance, sing and do all stupid things to make her smile...Just want to be like them in my oldage...Generous, lovable ladies...We both are gifted to ve them...
    OMG why sorry and all! I feel really good to see your fb... thank you once again

3. Niviadaswani

Niviadaswani Silver IL'ite

NIce one Gayathri!!!! I know how much you miss your grandmom but the way you have narrated this is just out of world...I just don't have words to say how beautifully you have penned down your heart...
    once again, its too good!!!!

1 person likes this.
  4. gayathrivijay12

Dear Nivia...Thank you for coming in with your fb...I just scribbled it exactly a day after my granny expired..I was so much lost in thoughts that words started coming out by itself...I love my granny too much & am missing her like hell:(

5. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

Great thread, but you know what?
    I can't participate in it.
    Guess why?

My grandparents made such a strong, positive impression in my life that if I present even one snippet, a friend or acquaintance will know my identity instantly! Anyone who knows me even a little bit, family, friends, colleagues has heard the stories! :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:hide::thumbsup

I was very, very close to all my Thathas and Pattis - miss them very much! I still think about them every single day. I have never forgotten what they taught me. I really wish I could share the stories .... but ...

1 person likes this.
  6. mirambika123

mirambika123 Senior IL'ite

Tears rolled down my cheeks as I went through your memoir.Reality is very harsh and death is inevitable.We talk so much about gathering our strength to meet the ultimate challenge.But it is too difficult to retain your poise.In this world of give and take, I highly recommend to maintain the bonds of relationship because the flow of unconditional love can be a savior to all kinds of griefs and challenges.

1 person likes this.
  7. Tashsin

Tashsin Gold IL'ite

Touchy post :)
    I hv grandparents my dear grandfather & grandmother.......I really care for them and love them a lot.....I spend so much time with them in my childhood and I really enjoyed that time....both are in 90s but touchwood fit and fine....I feel I love them more then my parents....

1 person likes this.
  8. gayathrivijay12

Come on sokanasanah! Why dont you do that? The joy of sharing sweet memories of some body whom we love to the core will not only make you feel good but it also makes the readers enjoy & envisage it..:)

1 person likes this.
  9. gayathrivijay12

Thank you mirambika for coming in with your wonderful fb..It gives us immense pleasure to be in a true relationship where there is no fakeness in expression of love! That non judgemental unconditional love make you feel so light admist all our difficulties...Though my granny is not with me physically the love I ve for her is only increasing each time I think about her:)

10. gayathrivijay12

Hi tashin, Really feel v happy for you & your grandparents...:) I wish you & your grandparents a very happy healthy years ahead of togetherness...