Dedicated to all who love their grandparents and truly care for them!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by gayathrivijay12, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Yumna

Yumna Platinum IL'ite

Heart touching,thanks for sharing.

1 person likes this.
  2. plakshmi

plakshmi Gold IL'ite

hi

nice narration. may acchamma 's soul rest in peace. you are lucky to have a grandma who showered unconditional love on you. grand parents love cannot be described. it must be felt. what do you say?

lakshmi.

1 person likes this.
  3. gayathrivijay12

gayathrivijay12 Gold IL'ite

Hi
    Thank you very much. What you told is exactly right. Describing their love is really v difficult but we can always feel it deep inside and cherish those thoughts forever.

4. Riya2012

Riya2012 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Gayathri,

What a beautiful narration! I was so touched and carried away as I read your post.

In todays rat race, heartily relations and true love is most missed part of one's life, may god bless your achama and may her divine soul rest in peace.

With Love,
    Riya

1 person likes this.
  5. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Dear Gayathri,

I am really touched by reading the unconditional love you had for each other. Your grandma will always be blessing you from above, showering her love and care. You both are really lucky.

1 person likes this.
  6. daffodiill

daffodiill Silver IL'ite

Dear Gayathiri..
    Really moved by your post gayathiri..i love my grandfather so much..now he is not with me but you have brought his memories back for me..thank you for this ..good work..

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  7. anjith

anjith New IL'ite

Gayathri.....

wow..great post... i almost cried reading ur post...thank you for sharing this..
    god bless you with all the happiness that you wish ..

1 person likes this.
  8. gayathrivijay12

gayathrivijay12 Gold IL'ite

Thank you Satchi, Riya, Dafodill, Raba, anjith for your sweet heartfelt responses.... I somehow missed all your comments...I once again went through this post after a long time & once again i am lost in the past...I really miss my grandma very much:(

9. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Gayatri,

Between grandparents and grandchildren it is unconditional love. No expectations. Good time together. Grandparents love their grandchildren more than their children. Nuclear families are depriving their children relationship with GPs. My two nephews who were so attached to my father....my parents lived with my brother. When they passed away with a gap of 10 years it was very difficult for us to console them. Though my father passed away four years back it is still tatha's room. My nephew is using that room. He says I am studying, sleeping in tatha's room.

Syamala

1 person likes this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Gayathri dear very touching post, as others have said you have narrated well and have taken us to Palakkad where u spent with your loving grandma. She is lucky to have a granddaughter like you so loving and caring. YOur parents too have taken so much care of your grandma. Your grandma must be blessing you from above and will e always with you and guide you.

You also brought memories of my grandma who stayed with us and brought us up. She never used to get angry if we do anything wrong but wont talk to us. I used to somehow do something to make her talk and she will give a smile. If we like something she will immediately make for us. For my sister's marriage she only brought everything, especially the steel vessels she bought from the ladies who used to come to sell vessels and take clothes from us. She bought all the vessels from the marriage except a few from them only.

Sorry I am late here

1 person likes this.