1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Decided to start the journey of adopting a baby.

Discussion in 'Adoption' started by Viks, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Viks

Viks Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

While in school or early college days I had a thought that I will adopt a child one day, and give lots of attention and love to that child.
    Days went by and I never forgot about my thought
    After my marriage I and my DH figured out that I have some fertility issue so I started taking fertility treatments and my MIL would always tell that if things dont work well we will adopt a baby and carry on with the life. Wow I love her for this.
    But after a year of treatment I conceived and gave birth to a boy hes 2 years old now.
    But still I and my MIL have not let go the thought of adopting a baby, my DH is very supportive he is ok with this decision. He only wanted the first kid to be atleast 3 years old and now the time is getting closer, as my son is 2.4 years.
    Almost everyday we keep talking about the plan to adopt and we want to adopt a baby girl.
    I have started doing some ground work as reading information on the website about CARA and some close friends are suggesting to check in local hospitals as well.
    I hope this journey will have a beautiful result.

With all your blessings and best wishes kindly send me any details if you have regarding adoption.

Thanks in advance.

26 people like this.

2. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Hi Viks
    I wish I were half as good a human as you. GOd bless you in your endevours to receive a little princess to your hearts and homes. She will brighten your world and will make your DH and son dance to her playful tunes.... baby girls are a embodiment of compassion. Good luck.
    Salute you and your family for these noble thoughts.
    Mega

1 person likes this.
  3. manguji

manguji Gold IL'ite

i salute you, your dh and specially your mil.we only thought of it but you did it .you've set an example. congratulations.

4. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Hats off Viks...really loved your attitude...
    And your MIL is such a lovely lady....All the very best in your venture...
    God bless your family....

1 person likes this.
  5. easy

easy Gold IL'ite

hi,
    that is really sweet of you and Mil.
    As a caution..please go through approved adoption agencies only..it would take more time..but the process is legal..than the hospital route

All the best..and wish you a bundle of joy asap..

Please dont use sms/chat style in your posts Please read Forum Etiquette here

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  6. pranatim

pranatim Platinum IL'ite

Hi Viks,
    I was just wondering if it is my story. In your case you have a family in my case I am single. Always wanted to adopt a child dont know when but will soon do it. Go through few NGO's they can help you also some counselling agencies. I do not have much info but i can say there are lots in bangalore. One more thing in bangalore procedure is bit slow compared to other places so you can check out of karnataka too. God bless you with all the happiness. You are going to give life to another life you are a noble soul.

1 person likes this.
  7. lali31

lali31 Senior IL'ite

Great Initiative :) Hats off

1 person likes this.
  8. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

viks,that is a great thing to do..all the best

1 person likes this.
  9. luckysangeetha

luckysangeetha Gold IL'ite

Hi,

It is a tedious process to do and patience is required a lot.One of my friend tuk nearly 3yrs t take a child.Also be prepared for all the emotional things that will come up once the baby is with you.Things look good from one side but when it comes to reality it would have its effects.Think a lot and then decide.But its a great decision that you are taking on this.Also one more point to be noted the biological mother has always the right to claim back the child in future.So be clear from the documentation and the family background of the child.My friend adopted from pondichery.Few say it is easy there to get adoption.

All the best for your decision and be prepared.Hope to suceed in it soon

Regards
    sangeetha

2 people like this.
  10. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Congrats on your decision. I have several friends who were adopted....my only note to you is get as much info on the birth parents as possible and keep it in case your child needs or wants it later. Especially note medical histories if possible. My one friend was very anxious about getting married as she didn't know who was a relative or not (small rural area) and didn't want to inadvertantly marry her brother or other close relative. All the best!

1 person likes this.