December Duets!!!!!

Discussion in 'Festivals & Special Days' started by Yashikushi, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Saras what is this yaar only candy ahh for you ok ok here extra candy for you here

[​IMG]

We all don't like war but we can pray for they soul to rest in peace who lost they life in this war. What say ladies...........

[​IMG]

2. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Queeny waiting for your treat,though had the distasteful moments with the candy making.
    So before Sara let me make your sharing tasteful.Heeeeeeee my hands on your sharing....

3. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

I just don't associate cotton candy with December. Sure, it has a certain winter/snowy look to it, all fluffy, but I associate it with carnivals and amusement parks and maybe parades. In other words, to me, cotton candy = summer.you can make some cotton candy sugar cookies.
    You can even use red and green sugar if you want to make them Christmas cookies.Happy cotton candy day!!!

Pearl harbor day!!!I recllect the dialogues in " Dasavatharam " movie!!!
    with love
    pad

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2009
  4. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Padmini
    Sorry had to remove that site link becoz some of these cooking site owners have objection to this that we copy the links of the recipes and add it here. Which is not allowed to do so now a days.

5. Yashikushi

National Brownie Day celebrates chocolatey, chewy brownies.

Brownie lovers, love chocolate. Conversely, chocolate lovers, love brownies. Therefore, its only natural, that we have a special day to celebrate brownies.

It's fun and easy to enjoy this special day. First, select your favorite brownie recipe, and bake a batch of brownies. You can add nuts, if you prefer. Topping the brownies with chocolate frosting is a good thing, too. Finally, eat them! You can have them for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or as a snack.

.Ps Don't forget the glass of milk!
    Happy National Brownie Day.

List of Brownies to relish:

Coca Cola Brownies
    Neiman Marcus Brownies
    Moist Chocolate Brownies
    Deep-Dish Brownie
    Marbled Cherry Brownies
    Cocoa Loco Brownies
    Frosted Mint Brownies
    Beige Brownies
    Drop Brownies
    Bittersweet Cocoa Brownies
    S`more Brownies
    Brownie Bottoms
    Chocolate Chunk Pecan Brownies
    Brownies To Die For
    Berries n Brownies
    Rocky Road Brownies
    Blackberry Brownie Cobbler
    A B C Brownies
    Disappearing Marshmallow Brownies
    Amaretto Brownies
    Chocolate Streusel Brownies
    Chocolate-Frosted Brownies
    Brownies With A Secret
    Mini Brownie Treats
    Gingerbread Brownies

[​IMG]

Take it in the Ear Day is a bizarre day of unknown origin. .... And, have not uncovered any information around the meaning or purpose of this day. Yet, references to this day on bizarre and fun calendars abound.

Perhaps December 8th was without a holiday or day of celebration. Perhaps, someone created it because they were having a rough day. Or, maybe, just maybe, the word ear was misspelled. (We won't go there) Well, in any event, however and whatever you want to take to your ear.... HA! No matter, celebrate!!!!! hope you thoroughly enjoy Take it in the Ear Day!!!
    [​IMG]

6. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Ahhhh haaaaa What a life...one relish day after another [​IMG]..What else can I ask for
    Saroj you gave such a long list...could you not offer one each [​IMG]

Anyway I am now relishing mine [​IMG].

"Take it in the Ear"...when nobody knows what it is ...and when I have brownies with me, who cares for anything else [​IMG].

tata

7. Yashikushi

National Pastry Day is a fun day created to encourage you to make, and of course eat, your favorite pastries.(Sara get set start...go.....)

On National Pastry Day, well known pastry chefs put on a show, making and displaying their finest creations. Celebrate this day by making pastries. Don't make just one. Creativity is big in the world of pastry making. Be sure to try your hand a creating a new pastry. Culinary chefs should put on a show today, with live demonstrations. After all of the pastries are made, make sure to eat you fill of pastries on this very special day.

Heres my share of pretty tasty pastries...........

[​IMG]

Christmas Card Day, honors Sir Henry Cole (1818 - 1874) of England. Cole created the first commercial Christmas Card in 1843.

Just a few decades ago, sending Christmas cards through the mail was a holiday "must". Sending cards through the mail continues to be very popular. The cost and time for writing and sending cards has caused many people to stop sending them. Free Ecards have surged in popularity. Animated Christmas and seasonal Ecards have made sending and receiving them a lot of fun.
    Today is a good day to send out your Christmas cards and holiday greetings. If you have yet to do so, use today to get a start.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
  8. kalavati

kalavati New IL'ite

Hi All,

Nice Thread! Goodness me, so many days to celebrate! C'mon, let's do it! First, I start sending my greetings today from this moment in IL .. to my lovable friends. Today is also Winter Flowers day! Wishes to all!!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Enjoy every day of 2009!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
  9. Yashikushi

Thanks for the flowery greetings Kala.
    Hers my floral wishes...
    [​IMG]

10. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Hi Saroj,
    Thanx a lot for generously offering plateful of pastries. Fortunately I came early for it [​IMG].
    And here goes my first Christmas greetings to all .....

[​IMG].

Hi Kalavati, what an entry for you..with flowers . Welcome dear [​IMG]