1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Debojeet the Indian Voice

Discussion in 'TV' started by Maria, Feb 26, 2006.

1. Maria

Maria New IL'ite

Did anyone see the Grand Finale of the famous TV show "Sa Re Ga Ma Pa"? The winner was declared Debojeet from Silchar in Assam. There were more than 2 crores of votes from Assam and he was winner by just 2% votes. Do you all know that in Assam, there were grand rallies and door to door campaign to vote for Debojeet? Assamese were urging everyone to vote for their candidate and I heard even ULFA gave threat to Star one channel that dare they vote Debojeet out! Wow...what a way to win!

Have a great time all,
    Maria

2. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

debojeet wins

hello,
    i have been watching the episodes with great interest.i agree regional votes for local hero did the trick. the voting was not verymuch all indian. hence i wonder whether he can be called voice of india!
    meenu

3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Debojit

We will never know how 'all indian' this voting was. What I can say from this is there is an abundance of young singing talents in India and and a program like Indian Idol has given many of these singers the platform to perform. It is a known fact that only one can be chosen to be the idol. But don't forget that others too have got an opening and many are already being given chances to record songs for films or other venues. Eventually, winning does not count. It is the survival of the fittest and it is to be seen as to how these winners work to maintain the luck that has come their way and how they use it. In the meantime, let us congratulate Debojit and wish him the best. Afterall, he did sing well.

4. saraswatibhat

saraswatibhat Senior IL'ite

hard work always returns good

hi all,
    i feel it was really worth for debojit to win because even thugh he had many problems in life he overcame that and still managed to be the versatile singer in SA RE GA MA.Really hard work always give good results.
    Regards,
    sara

5. Jasmine

Jasmine New IL'ite

SMS votes suck

The program Sa Re Ga Ma Pa lost its charm once the judges started leaving the program themselves. They got involved in their own controversies. Once Ismail Darbar left the show abruptly, then the participants also left the show. Some how this series of competition got completed. The voting pattern was of SMS and not from the learned judges. I am surprised it will work when the participants really come out of this program and start performing on their own.

6. indiradevi

indiradevi New IL'ite

Sa Re Ga Ma PA

Well i am of the opinion that this was a reality show and those who were watching the shows had equal opportunities to vote for the person they liked
    Whether there were more votes from assam for debojit really does not matter as the other competitors would also get more votes from their city and state they came from. The whole country was voting so finally what decided the participants fate was the all round voting from across india.
    We have to accept the verdict and wish every participant the best in their future singing careers.

7. Chandni

Chandni New IL'ite

Excellent Contest

SaReGaMaPa is an excellent talent hunt contest and is the oldest one on TV. It was previously known as SaReGaMa with many prefixes of sponsorers. It has given many talents like Sanjeevani, Shreya Ghoshal etc. Though Vineet lost to Debojeet, he gave a tough challenge to him. No one can predict any one's career. After all they are artists. In future whoever sells more will be a winner and they will be facing more challenges than this. Vineet has got an opportunity to sing in a film under Himesh Reshmaiya. Good luck Vineet and Debojeet!!!