1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Death, where is thy sting!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chithra
    Kamla is not just a VIP.She is a WIP too, a well informed person. When we talk of local lizards, she talks about the lizards of Indonesia and the lack of them in the West.
    Sri

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

Lizards which are lucky might fall on a hat or bushy long hair in the head preventing a fall into a hard surface of bald head with little or negligible hair. After a lizard falls on our head, we normally jump so much in panic not knowing what a terrifying experience it would be for a poor lizard. After all we have an Almanac to refer to find out the terms and conditions under which a lizard would fall on our body. They don't have any such guidelines as to what would be their future after they have physical contact with a human being nor they know what kind of effect our screaming would have in their future. As far as I know, the curve we have in our feet is intended for a better grip on the ground and due to our sophistication, we have ruined that by wearing shoes. However, a lizard still depends on its natural grip to walk upside down on our roof, the areas mostly unused by human.

Who in the world is going to use the territories we never use, clean up the insects inside our house without a penny being spent by us and on top of it shape up our future by making some noise. I, being a human, certainly support the lizard for their good deeds and demand respect for their actions from my fellow human beings.

Viswa

3. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sri,

Why are you obsessed with lizards on Akshaya Thritiya Day when you have to do gold shopping? You watch lizards? I hate looking at them even for a fraction of a second! Cockroaches...even if they give me loads of money I am scared of them....I would not have them in my house.The money that I have is enough for me....money due to cockroaches? Never. I am so scared of them that I would not be there to enjoy the money.

According to Telugu Almanac....lizard on "shirassu(head) is kalahama (fight)". Remember if you had a tiff with anyone on that day!

Syamala

4. Cheeniya

Dear Viswa
    I understand from the usually reliable sources that a fallen lizard becomes some kind of an out-caste among the pedigreed lizards. In extreme cases, there is even honour killing of a fallen lizard. The lizards are proud creatures because of of all the importance given to them in our scriptures. They tell lizards that venture on to the ceiling that only fools rush in where angels fear to tread. The one point that they keep making to each other every time a fellow lizard crashes to the floor from the ceiling is that playing around the ceiling is an adventure sport which only trained lizards should attempt.

Lizards call others when one of them attempts to run across the ceiling to come and watch the fun. They have strong communication channels but unfortunately like humans, lizards are known for their unnecessary bravado.
    Sri

5. Cheeniya

Dear Syamala
    I am not half as obsessed with lizards as Viswa. He has a greater knowledge of them than me. If I had known him earlier, I would have written at least a dozen articles on lizards, of course, jointly authored by him. All 'kalahams' take their shape in our heads and lizards probably bring them out by falling on the exact spot where they are stored!

Incidentally, The Hindu came out with a full page ad on Akshaya Tridiya yesterday and today, they have disowned all the sentiments expressed in that ad through a front page clarification. In the mean time, one Kaliyur Narayanan has started a serious campaign for platinum jewelry!
    Sri