1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Death and other Related Matters

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Death and other Related Matters

Today morning received a call from my friend saying his aunt has expired and we are to reach the Cremation Grounds at 11.Wd freinds reached a common friend's house,and waited for the call from this friend about when the body left the house, so we could reach the cremation.It was an hour we were at my friend's house, all my card Players friends,and his wife brought biscuits and tea while we chatted away.

A friend had this to say about something he read in the papers a few days back.An old lady of 85, somewhere in Rajathan,wanted to see who would come for her Tiye Ki Baithak, or the 3 rd day, so she invited all her family and friends, and relatives,asking them a suitable date when they would be free,as she wanted to celelbrate it while she was alive.

On the day, everyone came, and as the lady was alive and kicking, they all had a grand party.Many thought the lady had died,and were surpised with the celebrations.We friends were all laughing away at this novel idea, when i told them what i have in mind for mine.

Some day, I too will die, and my Tiye ki Baithak will be done.I want to record a CD of myself speaking, and to be played at the condolence meeting of mine whenever the time comes.I want it to be shown on the latest biggest Flat TV,to be brough on Rent for the day.There will be no Pandit, as I am beyond salvage,and anyway wish to go to Hell.I have had my fill of heaven here itself.My speech will be something on these lines, with my face grinning and saying this

" Bhaiyon or Behnono ( Brothers and Sisters),glad u have come to my Meeting, leaving aside yr important work,and must be wishing to go back soon, so i wont take much of yr time.I am sure u guys have come( Read out a few names of my friends),anmd i hope u are in time,otherwise it is yr loss.Glad u came,I am fine upstairs,there is going to be a 20-20 match tommorrow here and we need a few fast bowlers and players for my team.Now let me name them , and the match is tommorrow.So the names are - - - - - - -.

I am sure half the guys in the meeting would have fainted by then, wondering if their names gifures in the list ! Adn here on earth, players die to enter the team, and here inmy team no one wants to die to come in ! Sad really.I am sure i will be all over the papers all round the world for this unique CD of mine.And free publicity.

We went to the cremation ground,attended the thing,and we were whiling away our time, waiting for things to get over.And people were talking business, talking on their mobiles,and yours truly too was like that.I could see,that this is just an outer respect we give to the departed, but there is no real meaning really.After death how does it matter, if u are cremated or not, and who comes for the cremation or the condolences really.Ways ot the world.

As i was coming back, my brakes failed of the Maruti Van, and that put the fear of God inme.I started to wonder if i was going to be the opening batsman upstairs tommorrow, but luckily, some one else must have taken my place,and i managed to reach home safelyand write this blog.

Reminds me of a silly joke

A Man had cancer,and he did not have many days to live.He told his son to take him to the Bar where he used to drink with his friends.As they reached there he announced to his friends that " Friends, I wont be alive for long.I just came to say Goodbye.I am suffering from AIDS and wont be around in a few days.

After a lot of hugging and crying, the father and son left for home.The son asked " Dad, why did u lie that u have AIDS, when u have cancer.

Father " Son,Your Mom is very pretty,and when i said i have AIDS,it means these guys willleave yr mother alone,after i am no more.

Bored u guys enough i guess.Cioa

KAMAL MAHTANI

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji, once again nice post, but dealing with a sensitive matter.
    I appreciate that lady who celebrated her death, when she was alive. who wish to die in the first place?

The CD issue reminded me of such an incident here in US, where a terminally ill mother, made a CD for her daughter which contained age-appropriate advises, amusements, answers to the commonly asked questions and so on, which was cherished by her daughter till now, quoting that she thinks her mother is with her always.

BTW, the joke at the end, from what i read from other source, was different. It was the other way round. Maybe these kinds of jokes goes around according to own's will.

sriniketan

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Sri,

So someone has already made the CD eh !Somebody beat me to it.HAHA.The joke was an old one,i thought it apt for this blog.Yes these are internet jokes.

I am never scared of death.the world will move on,so why dread death.One day all of us have to go.

Thanks and regrds.kamal

4. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

That was great... making CDs... 20-20 match... Great....

When I go to any funerals or D ceremonies... I dont know what to tell the aggreived person... I cant digest people who talk business there and intro's.... bonkbonk... Dont they have other better places... I always felt that we should respect the departed soul and share the feelings of the aggreived party... If not, it is better we stay away... This is my concept...

May be I am wrong... :bowdown...

There was one joke which I read recently... Sourav and Sachin were talking and wanted to know whether there is cricket being played in hell/heaven... They both agreed that wheneve they pass out they will check verify and come back and tell the other person... After few years, suddenly one day Sachin Dies... After some time, one day, sourav was all alone and heard somebody calling him by name... He immediately identified the voice and said... Sachin... How ar u... What is the matter... Is cricket there the other side... Sachin tells him... there is a good news and one bad news... which one to tell... Sourav says tell the good news first... Sachin says, the good is there is Cricket there... The Bad news is... In tomorrows match, you are the Opening Batsman......:party....

5. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

Hello Kamalji
    I also read abt this news.
    In Rajasthan in many communities specially in villages this is a common occurence .
    When one is doubt ful abt the after death celebrations by sons or realtives they perform it themselves.
    In jain community this is called "JEEVIT MAHOTSAV" usually done by very old people near 80 -90 age group.
    In many communities along with it many marriges are also decided & done of course of Grandsons & daughtere even if they are not age.
    Ur comment Abt CD reminded me with nostalgic rememberance of the end of FIlm ANAND where when Amitabh is shaking a dead rajesh khanna to speak & suddenly the tap starts & Rajesh voice comes -BABU MOshayah......... .
    A all time great movie.
    Did u got inspiration by this? HaHaHa

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Veda,

What us ay is true that we should keep quiet at condolences meetings.I attend to phones, rather i put off the phone.But u see what kind of characters come there.

Dont tell this to Saching and Sourav,they will kill you, or make u the opening batsman in the next match.HAHA.Thanks and regards.kamal

Jaishree,

HAHA.Yes i remember that scene, and other scene, if u remember that movie,"Malamal" whereby the old man speaks on the Video Casette, before he dies.But in lreal like only i will do it, and would love to see the faces of the people.

I did not know this custom, but this must be a good one, whereby a person alive performs his own rituals, which is good.

Thansk and regards.kamal