1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Death and its ramifications

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Wonderfully said Sir.What a lovely example of kumar.

My father was always ready for death.When he used to come here in jaipur, every time he would say may be this is the last time i am coming and it used to bug us no end.He died in 96 at the age of 67,peacefully.

in 92, when he was here in jaipur, he went to a photographer,with my wife and daus,and had group pjhotos taken in stiduio.Then he ordered everyone out, and tod the photographer that he want a nice picture and he wants the negative too,, which he refused,saying they dont give negatives.

then dad explained tyo him, that he stays in mumbai, and he wants the picture for his 3rd day display after death,and he wants a nice picture.the photographer almost fainted.

Dad kept that negatie in his briefcase,along with the will copy and instructed all of us that this is the phtot to be enlarged,and that is the way it was done.

I too am always ready,my will is ready,everyting in joint accounts,daugthers as nominees,and i have lived a good life by the grace of god.I am 54 and i have seen younger people going before me.

So even if i die tomm i have no fear.The lord has been kind, and the world will go on without me.

thanks for the lovely article Sri, u know i find ur writings much better than those movivational books that i see on sale.You know how to convey the message with a good dose of humour,making it immensly palatable.

God bless u.Regards.kamal

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji
    Thank you for your comments and words of appreciation!
    From my post, you would have seen how the very fear of death transformed instantly a vicious villain into a Mahatma! When the very fear of death can have that strength, what would be the effect of death itself on an evil person. He would naturally be purer than driven snow in the post-death scenario! That's why we consider all dead persons as pure!
    This is the reason why I did not respond to your article on 'Why only good people die?'
    Sri

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Sri, its ok.See this is the way i write,and every comment is my good fortune.I wrote it in a light hearted way, bcs we never get to read in the orbituary that this person was not that good.

What appals me is, when the person is alive, we dont give him the respect he or she deserves, but when he dies, we make a big ho ha about it.A sheer waste of good money goes to orbituaries and pandits who make merry.

REgards.kamal

4. Cheeniya

Dear Kamalji
    Did you feel offended by my reply? All I wanted to say was that nobody speaks ill of the dead as a convention and out of a desire that when we die, we should also draw equally nice references! There is no hypocrisy in this!
    You have a distinct style of writing which has already endeared you to everyone.
    Sorry buddy if you got annoyed! It was not my intention
    Sri

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Sri,

Dear friend, i am not offended, pls dont worry.And anyway i have a thick skin, life is so short to be offended.Pls relax, yrs was a perfect comment,well meaning and directed.Not to worry.Regards.kamal

6. subbutr

subbutr Senior IL'ite

Dear Sri sir,

What a motivational & realistic approach to the topic.

There are many Kumaresans around us who once knows death is nearer to them, they change like a catalysts and once they are off for a good fortune, their old habits return with vigour to reckon others. Oppertunitists to the core....

We can call them as cowards too...

Death any day is inevitable and let us do our duties without any regrets.

Justify our existance by our deeds and service to the needy leds us to a contented mind.

The uniqueness of man does not lie in the superficial but in complete freedom from the content of his consciousness, which is common to all mankind.

Death is inevitable and be prepared for the same.

Any time accept it with a frame of mind & humility to serve.

Subbu

7. Cheeniya

Dear Subbu
    Fear of death is nothing but the fear of the unknown. No matter how we view it, it catches up with us at the scheduled time promptly. It is my view that it is more worthwhile to contemplate on those things which we can change through such contemplation than on subjects over which we have no control.
    Sri

8. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

I feel people fear of taking the journey alone. If we tell a person that the person next to you is also going to die on the same day, same time and they will take the journey together, I bet, he will forget his family, relatives etc.. amd befriend HIM. Man is always afraid of being alone, being cornered, being questioned he likes to bask in glory...............

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Malspie,

Too good a reply.Regards.kamal

10. Cheeniya

Dear Malspie
    If what you say is true, then in the olden days when the practice of Sati was in vogue, would a man have died happily being aware that his wife would accompany him on the journey? I wonder...
    Sri