1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Death.............& a Volunteer....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by achu, Oct 25, 2007.

1. achu

achu Bronze IL'ite

hi friends,
    i wud like 2 share a terrible tragedy which happened to one of our family friend, few weeks bk !

Death is some thing which is inevitable , and none can escape from the cruel hands of death. we in general have an idea of how long a person ought to live and when someone comes in too far below our expectation we call it a tragedy -- such a tragedy occured to one of the nephew , of our friend . The news was heart -breaking 2 all of us , as this guy who landed Qtr just 4mnths bk , a 20 yr old fresher from college -- met with his terrible end with a massive cardiac arrest .He breathed his last even before reaching the hospital .

it was a great shock to all his relatives n friends here, as he was a very healthy person. Back home his mother was hospitalised on hearing 2 this shocking news! Being away from home...on hearing to such shocking events ,one cant avoid the unpleasant thoughts that haunt us for days together.Though death is a natural thing which every living being needs 2 face....we never get the courage 2 think of it in a positive way.......

his friends and relatives here, decided to take the ' body' to his native , so that his near and dear ones can get a final glance of him........only then we came 2 kno of the legal difficulties or the formalities .......which has to b completed...we expats we hardly know about the legal procedures of this country...though most of our friends had been here since a decade.....its was quite a bit.....a long procedure....which goes like a death certificate from the hospital ; a no objection certificate from police & CID ; booking for the air cargo....documents fm the indian embassy ; a no objection certificate fm india - to accept the coffin at the airport...etc

The already depressed relatives wondered where to start with , as things has 2 b completed before the body starts to decay...there comes Mr.Rasheed.....to support the bereaved relatives....he takes up the job voluntarily...runs around to furnish all the documents.... There was a huge delay in the procedures due to the govt.office timings as this occured in the holy mnth of Ramadan.....finally things were completed on the second day nite....rasheed is still present with the group....he takes a place with the mourners to pay the last respect and prayers for the departed soul...after this the human remains of Mr.J was boarded onto the flight................. once the work completes, rasheed moves out silently fm the group..........to look for others who r in need....of him !

A few words abt rasheed : he has been in qatar ,for nearly 20yrs...works as a sales executive ; since a decade he has been helping the bereaved....to carry out the formalities -- helps in the LAST JOURNEY of the dead - to their near n dear ones in india..he isnt bothered abt the religion /language.....he gets informations fm the hospital staffs....serves the need without expecting anything as reward .His presence is a great relief to the worried people of the dead....

In a world where people give more importance to money and external pleasures, its good to know that there r few people like Rasheed......who gives importance to his fellow human -being....
    being in a foreign country, our life is self -centered ; we rarely bother 2 kno wats happening around us.....it was surprising 2 hear abt the selfless service of this person....hats off 2 u Mr.Rasheed!!!!

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi acchu,

First condolences to the beareaved family. it is the pathetic thing in gulf. lot of youngsters dying of cardiac arrest...(last year one acquaintance who was in his 20's passed away in his sleep..)

The formalities are really long.....and three cheers to Mr.Rasheed....

Humanity and love for fellow humans still exists....

3. balamotwani

balamotwani Bronze IL'ite

Hi Achu,

My Condolences to the deceased family. Hats off to Rasheed for his excellent service.

We also call it a tragedy when someone dies (whether young or old) bcos of reasons other than health issues. My immediate indian neighbour(old couple) in Botswana died due to armed robbery. We went to see his house which was on sale, thats when we met them first time. The old Gujarati man was very happy in that house lived for 17 years in that house and wanted to sell as they were leaving for good to india and the lady was very softspoken. Their son and daughter in law with the kid already left the country for good for school admission and other reasons.They sold the house, packed ready for india, took the permission from the new owner to continue staying till they leave for airport. Painting, repair work, installation of electric fencing- was carried out by the new owner. Just one day before their travel date, they were attacked by the illegal workers with the help of maid they entered, robbed, closed the old man's mouth to keep him from shouting and the old man died on the spot and wife was hospitalised due to injury and trauma. The family friends and other people in their community helped the lady with the formalities and other procedures.

Bala

Last edited: Oct 25, 2007
  4. balamotwani

balamotwani Bronze IL'ite

Achu,

After reading your thread i started remembering the incidents happened in Botswana.
    I once worked with a bangladesi guy called Mr. Q, his wife was so nice and his 4 yr old son was so cute. Mr. Q was our manager and he worked in our company for more than 5 years and then later he bought one of the branch shop in another town in Botswana. Our company is owned by a muslim family and the second generation runs the show now. Mr.Q got settled nicely in Botswana, business was running good, bought vehicle, plannd for his trip to his home country and then to UK to meet their relatives. He has not send his wife after delivery, so this holiday that they planned was eagerly waited by all of them in their family. It was like a family re union after so many years. They are supposed to take the flight from the capital city, Gaborone. On the travel date, on their way from the town to Gaborone, Mr.Q's vehicle tyre got burst and on the spot his wife and kid died and half of his body got injured and fractured. He went unconcious and was later taken to hospital. He couldnt move and the parents are old to come here and they didnt know what to do. My boss (the whole family) took the full responsibility for doing the last rites of the past employees family(mother and kid). The first son of the boss family, Mr.Zafrullah khan's house was near the hospital, so he arranged for everything in his house to keep the body and contacted all relatives and friends of the deceased for the last respect, the decased relatives- expats also, dont know what to do and took the video of the funeral to be shown to Mr. Q and his parents and inlaws, though Mr. Q was brought in the wheel chair to Mr. Zaf's house. It was a terrible accident and he couldnt see the son and his wife in that state and he was uncontrollable. The relatives thanked Mr.Zaf and his family for all the help they did for Mr.Q.

All the staff members(including me), Mr. Q and his relatives and friends can never forget Mr.Zaf for his voluntary service that he did for Mr. Q(Old employee of Zaf) Mr. Zaf arranged the bodies to be kept in his new house for the mourners to pay last respects, called and informed relatives and friends, helping Mr . Q in the hospital, doing the final rites for the mom and kid.

Whenever we feel there is no one in the foreign country and that too in situation like this, God will always send someone to help us. I was really touched and moved by my boss' voluntary help. He is not obliged to do as he is a past employer for Mr.Q. But i feel that when Mr.Q was helpless, God sent Mr.Zaf to help him. Hats off to Mr.Zaf and his family. May God bless him with more riches, as he deserves it.

5. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

My heartfelt condolences to the bereaved family.Ayoung lad of twenty with so many dreams nipped at bud.Hats off to Rasheed.He is really doing a great service.

6. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Hi,

It is really sad to die at such a young age. My heartfelt condolences to the bereaved family... Hatts of to Mr. Rasheed. It needs a big heart for people to do something without any expectations.... Especially with the trying conditions in ME....

7. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Hi Achu,
    That was so shocking to know that a 20 year old died like that in a minute.Condolences to his family. Mr. Rasheed is doing somehting that many cannot think of. Yoemen service when in dire need.May The Almighty bless him and may live to a ripe old age.

8. meenakshirajan

meenakshirajan Silver IL'ite

Dear Achu,
    Very shocking. My heartfelt condolences to the family. Hat off to Mr.Rasheed.
    Meenakshi Rajan

9. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Dear achu

I extend my condolences to the boy's family. I hope that time and memories will help lessen the burden of their sorrow, and that his family may draw some measure of comfort knowing that others care and share in their loss like Rasheed...Hatts of to Rasheed...

Warm regards

10. sreejag

sreejag Bronze IL'ite

though late, i wanted to pray for the soul to rest in peace.

Hats off to Mr.Rasheed and Mr.Zaf :bowdown:bowdown:bowdownBow

regards,
    sreelata.s