Dear Friends please guide me to take care of fishes

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by vivbass, Sep 4, 2009.

1. yamusarna

yamusarna Silver IL'ite

Hi Viji,
    Congrats on your new fish friends. It is fun and joy to watch them.
    Have fun.
    Love,
    Yamuna.

2. shel_28

shel_28 Silver IL'ite

Dear Vivbass,
    Its so sad to hear your goldies demise.
    When I was in my 8th standard, i have a passion towards these fishes. I too tried my best to save my goldies.:drowning As you mentioned, even my goldies color changed to white. I had lot of fishes. But they all died one by one.:rant Everyday I had to bury my sweeties. :spin I was completely shattered. Then my mom strictly ordered me that not to rear a fish anymore.:bonk
    So you take care of your fishes.:)
    Always keep the tank clean. You can bring your aquarium into lovely atmosphere so that your fishes love to dwell in it. Add some water plants such as hydrilla. One of my friend had it in her fish tank. Add some small and large sea shells. Dont overdo with it. Add some color stones to it. First give them a good atmosphere. Then everything will be okay.

3. sapjaya85

sapjaya85 Silver IL'ite

hai,i too own a aquarium for four years.i maintain it with 17 fish(big tank that can hold 6 bucket of water)use a good filter and spread lot of pebbles on the ground.it will help the dirts to settle underneath it.watch for red spots on ur fishes mostly near tails and fins.it will lead to death if untreated. lot of medicines are available in pet shops.always buy fishes that are active inthe tank.active fishes touch the surface in search of food always.cleaning the tank need much care.always use chemical free water and let ur fish in new water only when the water comes to room temperature.after u clean ur tank add some anti-fungal medicine and let the filter run for 1/2 hour then let ur fish in it.

4. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Oh My dear Friends

My hubby bought FISH TANK 3 months back.....along with 3 pair of LOVE BIRDS .....

I was having 8 fishes, 2- shark, 4-whitegold and 2 gold fish .....daily 1 or 2 used to die.......i heard it is teething propb.no other go.we have to bear with that......(.initially i was so irritated to have fishtank , since i feel if some fish die - some wrong thing will happen i the house and i too had vomitting sensation if i go near the tank .......so i wont go near or feed or even see them )

We too use DRINKING PURIFIED WATER........

We have FILTERS to clean the tanl and MOTORS too.....

We have decorated the tnk with shells, pebbles, and small plants

We have TANK CLEANER FISH also...i heard it will cleanse the tank

We also got some medicine for them (

We use AINI FISH FOOD.....(.hey if we change the brand, my kid wont eat.they are very choosy )

And, once in a month, aurium people will come and do cleaning work.........we pay 100rs for him....

B3fore feeding, we will swithc off the motors and filters.....

and my auarium wala told, if a fish die... change the water immidiately or if you cant clean imm.then atleast put handful of KALLU UPPU ( ROCK SALT)

But, everything has turned upside down, OH!! I LOVE MY FISH ......i adore them like anything........i used to talk with them, spend long time sitting infront of the tank, feed them on time ........like.....they have become my loving kids ....if i go near the tank , they will see us and jump like anything ( like pets do) and ask for food........OMG, i feel like taking it out ( hahahha) and hugging them

Naaya erundha enna poonaiya erundha enna.....naama valarka aracmichutta ,namma kozandhaigal vida pasam jasthiya poidaradhu..........NAN FISHES APPDI KONJUVEN.....my DS is asking me.........amma am ur pet or fish...who rank first tell me amma.........

Sorry for boring you, guys

( and, my SHARK is not eating , very rarely or only once in 3 days, it willeat , thatoo one or two pieces ........dont know,, why, iam worried to the core...help me and its not friendly too, like others )

Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
  5. sapjaya85

sapjaya85 Silver IL'ite

Nice to hear about ur pets.sharks are very gentle ones.they get easily scared of anything new in water.they will be normal only when their get used to their daily feeding times.:)

6. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

Dear yamuna,shel,sapjaya,
    thanx for the reply:) . touch wood my fishes are very fine & very active.
    while feeding it'll come near to the spoon,i'll enjoy seeing that,really a stress buster.

Dear Lata madam,hope you are enjoying with your new friends,itz always give us peaceful mind,isn't it??:thumbsup

7. priyasuresh11

priyasuresh11 Senior IL'ite

Hi Latha,

I too had similar kind of experience.But I had gold fishes.I had 8 gold fishes and one yellow coloured fish.Everything died except this yellow one.It survived for a long time.Don't know the reason dear.

I need a favour from you Latha.I contacted Sankar(Astrologer) on 27th of oct and gave my details.Still I didn't get the predictions.I don't know what is the problem.Could you please check with him.I'm desperately waiting to know the predictions.Depending on that I need to plan something pa.Please please please Latha...

8. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hi Viji and jaya

thank you so much pah, yeah, iam enjoying to the core, i love them like anything , and feel upset if they dont eat...

Priya

surely i will try to help you ( here very heavy rain, my net connection came today only after long period, he too have the same problem )

9. hemadurga

hemadurga Bronze IL'ite

hey Viji,
    nice to know that you are enjoying with pet fishes...

send photos of your fishes also, P c sriram !!:rotfl

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2009
  10. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

Dear,
    thank you for the reply. yes,iam enjoying very much,sure i'll send the fotos:crazy.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2009