1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Daycare/ Nanny Options in Atlanta

Discussion in 'Indians in Georgia' started by Aarushi, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

This thread is more relevant for working ladies I guess.

Are you using a daycare or nanny currently or have used one in the past? How was your experience? Is there a place or a person you can recommend?

This would be specially useful to newcomers to this area or newly minted moms...:)

I'll start of with the daycare that I use for my baby. It is called North Point Prep and is in Alpharetta. I'm quite happy with the services and care they provide.

Other day cares that I researched and liked were Knowledge Beginnings, Creme de la creme and Bright Horizons.

I did not like Kindercare - too crowded and the teachers looked harrased..not a good option. I also did not like Mount Pisgah - too smelly and dark (specially the infants room). But you wouldn't guess it from the astronomical prices they charge.

I would appreciate it if other ladies provide their personal input too about what option they chose and what they recommend.

Thanks!
    Aarushi

2. jyothiravi

jyothiravi New IL'ite

Hi Arrushi, Excellent topic. When i moved last year from houston , i had a 1yr daughter . I searched and searched in and around Decatur and dint find anything reliable . With no friends and no forums like these to help / recommend . THere were couple of women who were doing baby sitting in their homes in our apartment complex , but due to clash of culture /religion / cleanliness/ reliability . I could not leave my baby with anybody and finally quit my job.

If i had known of forums like this probably it would have been very useful

I am now planning to start working again after my daughter turns 3, will post any info i will find out abt schools , daycare once i find out something good

3. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

Great Jyoti! I'm glad you found the thread relevant. :) And I hope it helps others too.

Which field were you working in btw?

love,
    Aarushi

4. jyothiravi

jyothiravi New IL'ite

Hi Aarushi,

I worked in IT , and not at hoem as i mentioned . Thinking of going back to work probably next yr or so.