1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Daughter's Day

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Daughter's Day

Today morning, all news papers were of Daughter's Day.New day that i have heard.Must hve been recently created by Archies and other Card companies.My neighbour, too has two small daughters,he was playing ball with them outside his house.I took his pics, and asked him if he is going to give it a try for a son,and he said no way, he is happy with his two darlings.Here is their pic.

[​IMG]

God was kind enough to listen to me, and give me my choice of 2 daughters.Barring my parents,and inlaws,all friends and relatives told us to try for a son, for reasons best known to them.Im glad God had given us two ears.We are happy with what we have.My younger daughter Sita,whose pic i posted recently with that rascal Tuffy,is in her last year of college,and studying for Cat .she drives the rickety Esteem,and yesterday she was asking petrol money,which i gave here.I give her 2000 every month as pocket money,clothes, petrol etc extra, mobile paid by me.But she forgets to take the money, and i forget too to give her in the first week of every month.She asks only when she has finished her pocket money totally,of the last few months.Funny creature.

I have two computers, one in the office, and one down at home in Sita's room.And i must disturb her , to check comments if any,at night, and once in the early morning, when i go for walks, and she is grinning, knowing what i want.She calls me an addict, saying i have not even washed my face, and i want to check Indus.Then i realised yes what she says is true, and now have been avoiding the computer for the last few days.

My elder daughter, Radhika, we called yesterday,and she is very happy there with her hubby and inlaws.She is studying for her MBA, and also preparing for a marathon in Singapore,so too busy really.First we used to buy clothes and perfumes for her, and now she buys for everyone.Times sure change.December she is coming for a month to visit us, and we are all eagerly looking forward.

Today i was reading the magazine sections of TOI, HT, and they had so many articles where parents have said about their daughters.And most parents were happy, that they had girls,and were very proud of them.Such a refreshing change really.And they said , we dont feel the absense of a son.I am so touched to read all this, i thought i was in the minority, of guys happy with daughters, but here i find a sea of like minded parents .

What will i give her on Daughter's day ? Nothing .We give here whatever she wants whenever she wants throughout the year, today if we give her, it will be a ritual.We treat each day as Daughter's Day, and she treats each day as Parents day,this day is just a blog day for me.

God bless all the daughters,to never feel that u are in way less or inferior to anyone,you can fly as high as u want,The world is at yr feet.There are equal opportunities for all of you, look at the Pepsi Cheif , Indra Nyogi, Kiran Mazumdar of Biocon,Sunita Williams and Kalpana Chawla,our president,and so many others.Good luck,daughters, make us parents proud.God bless.

KAMAL MAHTANI

sindmani likes this.

2. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

[​IMG] dear kamalji,
    yes i am thankful to god for giving me wonderful daughters, my elder priya and younger chitra are really cute ones, in my world and when it comes to crisis i think i need to learn a lot from them, i get very easily frustrated as to what should be done but my chitra very cool she will tackle all situation like a man, and put me to ease in no time...yes hip hip to daughter's day..the kindest souls in the world..sunkan

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2007
  3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

I am also blessed with 2 daughters and a son.
    I learned a lot from them including doubts arising from what, where and how to use the computers, how to be bold and act at the time of need, how to tackle them :mrgreen:,(they paved the way for this, where i get advice from the people concerned), fashion trends, etc. (?)
    sriniketan

4. RamyaVaradharajan

RamyaVaradharajan Bronze IL'ite

A very cheerful evening Kamal ji!

I always feel great and proud as a girl myself. Gone are those days when female infanticide was the order of the day.

Name any post and you can see girls soar high and leave remarkable foot-prints in the same thereby inspiring this energetic generation. A divine personality i would like to quote here is of Mrs.M.S.Subhalakshmi ji. The very name recollects and makes the vibrant "Kurai Onrum illai Kanna" linger within our souls.

At present we have Sunitha Williams ji and many others in different fields who have spelled an opportunistic lifestyle.

According to me; a simple daughter's day wish cannot equal or match their achievements. Their contributions are to be realized when they live among us as they are our prime most assets. Their position is to be valued and foot prints followed to achieve greater success.

I really feel very proud that i live in the era where legends have survived. Its a pure gift of the supreme power.

5. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

I had no idea that there is a day called Daughter's Day. Anyway, Happy Daughter's Day to all IL's who have daughters in their homes and lives!

Kamalji, the picture of your neighbour with his daughters is very appropriate for the day.

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Nivediji,

thank me for letting u know that it is Daughter's day :cry: The neighbour ws playing with his daughters beibng a Sunday, and i had my digital ready and clicked the pic.Regards.kamal

I must thank u very much.Yoyu have been regularly visiting and commenting on my blog,and i am honoured.thanks once again.

Ramyaji,

Yes very true.look at MS, Lata Mangeshkar, kalpana chawla, sunita Williams, and so many other ladies, who have done better than men in their respective fields.

Thanks and regards

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Sriniketan,

Same is the case with my daughter,keeps telling her mother, what is in fashion, what to wear, etc.its fund to see the mother daughter discuss fashion and food.HAHA.And i am sure u must be loving to be taught by yr lovely two daughters.:cry: Thanks and regards.kamal

Sunkan,

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Sunkan,

Happy daughters day to u too.God bless priya and Chitra, and keep mummy and papa always happy.God bless u all.Regards.kamal

9. yenetishashi

yenetishashi Senior IL'ite

hi ,
    i am new ILite.
    i just happen t o know about DAUGHTER'S DAY :-D from u guys .any ways enjoy every one and be happy always.
    bye,
    shashi.:2thumbsup:

10. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

I too have a kid daughter, 3 and a half years old...She is Meghna.... We love her a lot... Very naughty and a bit adamant also...:):):)

This is our daughter malu_6344.jpg

She started going to play school last July... Now she wants to go there daily, all 7 days... Even on Saturdays and Sundays, when there is no school, she gets up early in the morning and want to go to school... I tried telling her it is a holiday for her... But she is too small to understand...Now I tell her no one will be there at school, and one saturday I took her there to show there is no one in the school:icon_frown::icon_frown::icon_frown:

She wants to draw and paint....watch Pogo TV or her Tom & Jerry CD always... Also she loves to watch our wedding CD... She watch that for any number of times in a day....

Writes and eats with her left hand... trying to change that... But many are telling me not to change as it will psychologically affect children... But I don't like the idea of writing and eating with left hand...:icon_frown::icon_frown:

I have to struggle a lot for making her eat... Know so many things that we never imagined she would have known at this age...:yes:.

She always recite her nursery rhymes in English and Tamil... Her language has become half Malayalam and half Tamil now...

There is so much if I continue writing about my sweetie... We are happy that we have her as our daughter....

Last edited: Sep 24, 2007