1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Database of Gurus

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by shobhamma, Feb 4, 2016.

1. shobhamma

shobhamma Gold IL'ite

This is the Age of Aquarius as well as of Gurus. From east to west we have a plethora of spiritual teachers of all religions and hues. There are Hindu, Jain, Buddhist, Christian, Muslim spiritual teachers as well as Yoga, Astrology, Tantra , gurus who supply temporal succor.

So many spiritual channels testify the spiritual thirst in modern technological times. There are so many Gurus discoursing and exhorting us to choose and follow a Satguru, and warning instantly against Frauds. They all make fun of TV gurus, and yet are there themselves!

There are many serious charges against some popular ones – Guru Ram Rahim, Dera Saccha Sauda, Sri Asaram Bapu , Raadhe Maa to name a few.

All Gurus warn us against feeling of Anger, Avarice and Envy, and yet they all seem guilty themselves of these. I have yet to hear a saint of today praise another and admit goodness in others. Paramhans Yoganand was one such noble soul who met , evaluated other spiritual people even of other faiths and told us about their greatness.

I have learned not to look down on Gurus that do not meet my ideals. All sorts are needed for different people.

There are different teachers and methods needed to deal with nursery, primary, secondary, graduate, masters, doctorate students. A nursery teacher cannot teach an engineering student and neither can a college professor teach a kindergarten kid.

The same person goes through all these stages, and needs help specific to his age and development.Our scriptures recognize these needs and Artha And Kama are Two Purusharthas along with Dharma And Moksha.

Only when worldly desires are abetted can one move towards spirituality. Even Vivekanand did not become a sanayasi till Ramkrishna assured him that his mother and brothers will not go hungry.

A sick, hungry, thirsty, destitute person will first need to get better, fed, and live in some comfort before he can start looking for spirituality. This is a basic fact of life.
    Most saints know that a starving person is not the best person for preaching. They also give some mantra, some jadibooti or prescribe gems to first alleviate the immediate problem. To reach 100 you have to start with 1.

I think we need to make a database of modern Gurus and their specialties.
    I need inputs from people who have actually benefited. These can be spiritual leaders, astrologers, tantriks, faith healers of any persuasion and indeed anyone who has helped someone out of some misery.

If you have a Guru, please share your experiences. Also please ask him/ her name of at least one another person who they think is good.

If you all are game and are not offended by the idea, I have a form to get uniform data.

2. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Shobhamma Guru business is the fastest growing business in the country. I wrote a thread last month in which I had cited the case of a lady who started with a handful of gullible oops sorry disciples in Delhi's Lodhi Gardens about three years ago.. She used to come in an autorickshaw. Now she travels by BMW. Guru economy grows regardless of what is happening to other sectors.

1 person likes this.
  3. shobhamma

shobhamma Gold IL'ite

That is so true Balaji
    But it also shows there are people out there who need this kind of balm.
    I am not only talking about spiritual gurus. Yoga, astrology tantra all kinds are there including faith healing.
    What I want to do is make a database based on personal experiences so it is easier to find one when in need.