1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Darwin In Dasa Avatars

Discussion in 'Interesting Shares' started by Thyagarajan, Sep 5, 2022.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: Darwin in Dasa Avatars :hello:

"Ma, I am now a genetic scientist. You know I am entrusted with study and research in the US on the Theory of evolution from fish to man. Ma - Charles Darwin - have you ever heard of him? " Ganesh asked.
    His Mother Parvathi sat by him, gently smiled and said, "I know about Darwin, Ganesh. But Have you heard of our popular Dashavatar? The ten avatars of Lord Vishnu?"
    Ganesh replied 'no'. "Ok! Then let me tell you what you and Darwin don't know.
    Listen carefully-

The first avatar was the Matsya avatar, it means the fish. That is because life began in the water. Is that not right?"
    Ganesh began to listen with a little more attention.
    She continued, "Then came the coorma Avatar, which means the tortoise, because life moved from the water to the land. The amphibian! So the Tortoise denoted the evolution from sea to land.
    Third avatar was Varaha, the wild Boar, which meant the wild animals with not much intellect, you can call them the Dinosaurs, correct?" Ganesh nodded eyes widened.
    "The fourth avatar was Narasimha, half man and half animal, the evolution from wild animals to intelligent beings.
    Fifth, the Vamana avatar, the midget or dwarf, who could grow really tall. Do you know why that is? Because, there were two kinds of humans, Homo Erectus and Homo Sapiens and Homo Sapiens won that battle."
    Ganesh could see that his Mother was in full flow and he was stupefied.
    "The Sixth avatar was Parshuram, the man who wielded the axe, the man who was a cave and forest dweller. Angry, and not social.

The seventh avatar was Ram, the first rational thinking social being, who practised and laid out the laws of society and the basis of human relationships.
    The Eighth avatar was Balarama, a true farmer who showed value of agriculture in the life.
    The Ninth avatar was Krishna, the universal Chairman Emiratus, CEO, statesman, the politician, the diplomat, the Ambassador, the meticulous stitcher, the lover who played the game of society and the pedagogue taught how to live, encounter and thrive in the evil -adhaarmic social structure.
    And finally, my boy, tell your Darwin disciples that another avatar by name Kalki, the man you are working on would emerge. This man is likely to be genetically supreme."
    Ganesh looked astounded as his mother Parvathi's explanation that rendered him speechless.

"This is amazing Mom, how did you .... ? In this existing scheme of studies, this makes lot of sense!"
    She said, "Yes it does Ganesh! We Indians knew some amazing things, but just didn't know how to pass it on scientifically then and now too. So our ancestors made all that into mythological stories.

Mythology creates faith and makes (wo)man sensible.
    It is just the way you look at it - Religious or Scientific. It is your call."
    Ganesh prostrated at the feet of his mother. ​

nandinimithun likes this.