Darshan at the three famous Shiva temples

Discussion in 'Travel' started by ganges, Aug 15, 2011.

1. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

Dear all,

This is for the people who love pilgrimage.

You might have heard The famous Shiva temple Vaikom near Kochi. But many dont know that there are two other famous shiva temples near by and having darshan at all these three temples on a same day is very very auspicious. So when my sister and her family came to Kochi recently, we planned for this trip and had a good darshan at all the three temples on the same day.

Since all these temples are between Kochi and Kottayam, we can even go by the line buses. But we booked a taxi and left our home which is at Tripunithura , a small town near Kochi at 6 am. Within an hour we reached the famous temple Vaikom and had a good darshan of Lord Mahadevan ( Vaikathappan ). Praathal ( Annadaanam ) is the main vazhipadu here so we gave for that at the devaswom office. Next we started for the temple Kaduthuruthi, which took another 45 min drive. After having good darshan here too, we proceeded for the third and very famous temple at Etrumanoor. This too is a very puranic big temple and was well crowded. We finished the darshan here and started for the returning journey.

Whoever is going for these three temples should never miss to visit another temple at Malliyur. Lord ganesha is the main deity here and this place is actually near kaduthuruthy. Specail poojas are there for Vidhya Dhanam and Santhaana Bhagyam. We have to take little diversion from our main road. So it is better to finish first all the three shiva temples and visit here on the way back. Before lunch we reached back our home and will never forget the feeling we had on visiting these very old temples.

2 people like this.

2. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Ganges, Such a nice description. I felt as if i was with you visiting those famous temples. I am planning a trip to see famous temples in Tamil Nadu. I will add this one too. I put your post in my Bookmark.

Thanks.

3. Padhmu

Padhmu IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ganges,

nice to read your visit. i have heard about vaikkam sivan temple. New to hear about the other three temples. thanks for sharing.

4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Ganga dear glad to see you here. How are you? Was missing you and your posts. When I came to Kerala in January I had the opportunity to visit all these temples.

5. akilasendhil

akilasendhil New IL'ite

hi ganges,
    thanks for sharing those valuble informations.
    usually, we used to tour for some famous pilgrimages during some special occations such as wedding anniversary,birthday etc..
    but i miss all these after moving here(shanghai).well, when i return to india,will surely visit those temples with my family.

6. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Dear Ganges,

Thanks for the infos. Sure to visit this temples when we go to India again.

Shanti

7. ArunaRSanthosh

ArunaRSanthosh Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for the information, i will visit these temples soon..

8. arathi26

arathi26 New IL'ite

Dear Ganges,
    My hometown is Ettumanoor. I have made the Darshan at all 3 shiva temples on same day few times. Indeed as you said its a wonderful experience

9. geetabhaskar

geetabhaskar Senior IL'ite

thanks for sharing your experience

10. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Hello Ganga ma, believe it or not........I was thinking of you a couple of days ago as to why we dont see you quite so often in IL these days and extremely glad to read your travel articles.

It is so beautifully written amma and the explanation and information given would be useful for everyone who wants to take a trip.